Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest gets a major update22 Apr 2016 0
One of last year's surprises was Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest. On the surface it looks like a money grab garbed in Magic clothes, but the gameplay was actually quite fun and the paywall wasn't as high as it first appeared. Yesterday it received a major update which introduced the Battle for Zendikar card set as well as new modes of play and more.
Version 1.4's biggest draw are the new Zendikar cards. How many new cards remains a bit of a mystery, but it's not the entire set as they mention more cards will be added in the coming weeks. The update also introduces new Planeswalkers as well as an increased level cap, now going all the way up to level 60. They also boast new gameplay mechanics such as Void Gems, Rally, Converge, Awaken, Ingest, Process, Devoid, and Landfall. I don't know what any of those are, so I'll let you guys explain it to me in the comments. There are over 30 new Story Mode encounters for both Heroic and Legendary difficulties. Apart from all the new content, there is also some new functionality such as subtypes now appearing on cards and new card keywords.
The patch list is pretty extensive, and I'll cut/paste it down below after the trailer. If you haven't tried M:TG - Puzzle Quest, it's free to download and try and, as I mentioned above, the paywall isn't very high so there's quite a bit of content before you would feel a tug at your wallet.
- Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest for iOS Universal, free
- Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest for Android, free
Patch Notes 1.4.0!
- First Wave of Battle for Zendikar Cards Released!
- New Planeswalkers now available. Level Cap Increased to 60.
- All-New gameplay mechanics; Void Gems, Rally, Converge, Awaken, Ingest, Process, Devoid, and Landfall.
- New Ability Ranks: Each ability now goes up to Rank 4.
- New Story Mode Encounters added.
- Duplicate cards can now be sold for Mana Runes.
- Many additional Improvements and bug fixes.
- New Cards
- New cards available in the Vault, under the Battle for Zendikar banner.
- You can purchase individual packs, Fat Packs, and Booster boxes.
- BFZ packs awarded through daily or Quick Battle rewards.
- Free boosters now contain both Origin and BFZ cards.
- More cards will be added in the coming weeks.
- New Planeswalkers
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar and Ob Nixilis Reignited are now purchasable through special offers! More new Planeswalkers arriving in the coming weeks!
- New Battle For Zendikar Content
- New gameplay mechanics; Void Gems, Rally, Converge, Awaken, Ingest, Process, Devoid, and Landfall.
- New Story Mode: Battle for Zendikar - 30 all-new encounters including new Heroic & Legendary difficulties!
- New Features
- Cards now show subtypes! Now easier to identify which cards are zombies, elves, etc.
- New level cap: Planeswalkers can now reach level 60.
- New ability ranks: Planeswalker abilities can now reach Rank 4.
- You can now sell card duplicates for Mana Runes.
- Improvements & Changes
- Origins Planeswalker changes - normalized ability costs and rebalanced some abilities. Planeswalker ability costs no longer increase from one rank to another, but instead can decrease to buff a new rank.
- New card keywords: Fetch and Discard. Fetch used for cards taken from the deck instead of drawn. Fetch cards do not trigger abilities that trigger when a card is drawn.
- Mizzium Meddler: Now drains 1 mana every time you match colored gems.
- Embermaw Hellion: Now gives +3/0 to any Red creatures when they attack.
- Tainted Remedy: Fixed card text and now correctly places 5 Trap gems.
- Plus many additional bug fixes!