admin
Site Admin

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There Is Only Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan (on iOS)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am

Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan is now available worldwide on iOS, following a soft launch in New Zealand, Australia & South Africa earlier this week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/in-the-grim-darkness-of-the-far-future-there-is-only-battlefleet-gothic-leviathan-on-ios/

Js619

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Looking forward to this one - anything WH40K gets my thumbs up - but with TS occupying my time I might hold off for a review or impressions...

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Js619 wrote:Looking forward to this one - anything WH40K gets my thumbs up - but with TS occupying my time I might hold off for a review or impressions...

Already got someone on it with a code so I'm hoping it will be up middle of next week.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Mirefox

Re: In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There Is Only Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan (on iOS)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

I get that this is based on an existing game, but still...Tyrranids again?!?

I don't know much about the WH40K universe, but I remember the glut of factions in the Dawn of War series and loved how diverse they were. I remember one game where it was a 4-player FFA that was Tau vs. Orks vs. Dark Eldar (or something like that) vs. an army of terminators (I forget the race name). Now that's exciting! Yet all I ever see of the universe on iPad is the (generic) Space Marine vs. 'Nids/Zerg/Bugs/Xenomorph/etc.

EICJoe

Re: In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There Is Only Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan (on iOS)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Mirefox wrote:I get that this is based on an existing game, but still...Tyrranids again?!?

I don't know much about the WH40K universe, but I remember the glut of factions in the Dawn of War series and loved how diverse they were. I remember one game where it was a 4-player FFA that was Tau vs. Orks vs. Dark Eldar (or something like that) vs. an army of terminators (I forget the race name). Now that's exciting! Yet all I ever see of the universe on iPad is the (generic) Space Marine vs. 'Nids/Zerg/Bugs/Xenomorph/etc.

Given how iconic things like Space Hulk are, Space Marines (and Guard) vs. Tyranids is an easy win I guess. The store page does hint at new factions, so I imagine they'll come soon. Just got to tick off the usual suspects first?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Snotty128

Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:43 pm

I was going to 'pokemon go' this weekend, out in the depths of winter. I think I'll stay inside in the warm and do this instead.

Private Prinny

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Mirefox wrote:I get that this is based on an existing game, but still...Tyrranids again

HOW COULD YOU?????
Finally a WH40k game which does NOT start with da Orks as the introductionary foe.
I take them Tyranids over Orks anytime ;-p

I am not far into the game but what I have seen until now I like very much.
PT veterans may know me raving about how perfect a BFG game would be for iPad since I joined in September 2013...some dreams actually come true at all!

I am so tearing into this game "all ahead full!"
Every other game I am currently playing is forced to "burn retros!"

TokyoDan

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 am

Does this game have a single-player against AI mode? I'm not a fan of online multiplayer.

Snotty128

Re:

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 am

TokyoDan wrote:Does this game have a single-player against AI mode? I'm not a fan of online multiplayer.

Looks like a campaign mode, and a skirmish mode with 4 types of missions.

I had the second tutorial hang after I blew up one of my own ships with splash damage. I couldnt hit end turn to continue. Possibly user error, possibly a wonky tutorial - which isnt that unusual for us on ios

TokyoDan

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:37 am

Thanks. I couldn't resist despite a let's play video where the UI seemed to get in the way of the game play.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”