admin
Site Admin

Review: Titan Quest

Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:00 pm

“Nostalgia” is often poetically but incorrectly said to mean “the pain from an old wound.” Playing Titan Quest again isn’t as big a jump back in time as many of...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-titan-quest/

Private Prinny

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Very nice review, and goes along most of my sentiments as well. With this release I hope to actually finish the game this time around. I didn't get it on release and when I finally gt it it was at odds with dozens of other backlog-contesters in my steam libary.

I hate the inaccurate smart button when i am forced to fight around loot or chests but otherwise I find the solution passable with the restrictions dotEMU hd to work around with.

Now I only have to teach my iPad some new tricks...like not melting down or shutting off after 1 hour of play (I know it is unfair but it really is a energy hog and overheating monster as it is now)

biffpow

Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Excellent review, Tof! The hanging gardens/Little Shop reference was brilliant : )

Gameplay aside, a gig and half?!? I mean, I realize this a port of a once-major console game, but that's a heavy app weight. And to be that heavy and still have frame rate issues.... Hopefully dotEMU will clear that up with...er, updates.

CarlRJ

Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Now I only have to teach my iPad some new tricks...like not melting down or shutting off after 1 hour of play (I know it is unfair but it really is a energy hog and overheating monster as it is now)

Have you tried immersing it in a tub of ice water while playing?

Private Prinny

Re:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 am

CarlRJ wrote:

Have you tried immersing it in a tub of ice water while playing?

Well?? No? But now that you mention it it may be a good id....waiiiiiit maybe not so good idea after all.
Why you ask? - because the iPad would then be seriously wet and could easily slip out of my hands and shatter on the floor. Not good, not good at all! ;-P

1,5 GB is nothing at all if you watch other games around:
Republique: 3,4 GB
XCOM:EW: 3,3 GB (also a console/port but a more recent game )
Transistor, Agarest War, Banner Saga, Bastion and many others more are above 1 or 2 GB in size.

I am glad for my 128 GB iPhone and iPad...and I am seriously struggling with not upgrading to iPad Pro (regular iPad size) because of the 256 GB it has to offer.....

biffpow

Re: Re:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Private Prinny wrote:I am glad for my 128 GB iPhone and iPad...and I am seriously struggling with not upgrading to iPad Pro (regular iPad size) because of the 256 GB it has to offer.....

I also have the 128GB model ipad and am very glad of it with everything that's been coming out in the last year or so. The apps do seem to be getting bigger and bigger. And now Final Fantasy VII is on ipad, so I can play through that for the 15th time : )

And, like you, I've been sorely tempted to make the leap to the giant Pro model, though I'm more inclined to the large size. I feel like playing some of the board/card games on that would be a lot easier on my old eyes. But the prices...yeesh.

Private Prinny

Re: Re:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm

biffpow wrote:
Private Prinny wrote:I am glad for my 128 GB iPhone and iPad...and I am seriously struggling with not upgrading to iPad Pro (regular iPad size) because of the 256 GB it has to offer.....

I also have the 128GB model ipad and am very glad of it with everything that's been coming out in the last year or so. The apps do seem to be getting bigger and bigger. And now Final Fantasy VII is on ipad, so I can play through that for the 15th time : )

And, like you, I've been sorely tempted to make the leap to the giant Pro model, though I'm more inclined to the large size. I feel like playing some of the board/card games on that would be a lot easier on my old eyes. But the prices...yeesh.

The eyes of old Prinny are going down squinty road as well recently but I would stay with regular size at the moment. I still carry around my iPad (in a bag but still) for commuting and the busses and trains are cramped enough already without me busting out an ginormous iPad.....also the more screen estate the more idiots crowding around me staring down on my stuff...I swear that guy this morning sneered at my party composition in Final Fantasy 5 which I was playing today - going red mage all the way is something which geigerm could appreciate as well at least? ;-P

tofeklund

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Disclaimer: Pocket Tactics does not endorse or encourage the underwater use of non-waterproof mobile devices and will not be held accountable for the results of doing so. Side effects include frying your iPad, boiling all the water to vapor, electrocution, and the accidental release of the old gods from Tartarus. Contact your metaphysician if Gotterdammerung persists for more than four hours.

Private Prinny

Re:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 pm

tofeklund wrote:Disclaimer: Pocket Tactics does not endorse or encourage the underwater use of non-waterproof mobile devices and will not be held accountable for the results of doing so. Side effects include frying your iPad, boiling all the water to vapor, electrocution, and the accidental release of the old gods from Tartarus. Contact your metaphysician if Gotterdammerung persists for more than four hours.

Now that would be something to behold of...my very own tartarus spawned god :-)

Anyone who played trough the original (or sufficiently far down the iPad version) knows when / how much storage upgrade we get trough bags? On Steam I only played the game with the expansion installed which handled matters differently and had a stash from the beginning.

tofeklund

Re: Review: Titan Quest

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Prinny, I meant to reply to your question a week ago, then forgot all about it. Your basic holding capacity is 5x12 , and each upgrade adds a new 5x8 tab (2/3 as much as base) . You get the first bag before you finish Greece.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”