admin
Site Admin

Review: King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:00 pm

King of Avalon is a Free-to-Play strategy/MMO whose lore is based on Arthurian legend. While it’s not such a far cry from the ever popular tolkienesque high fantasy I do...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-king-of-avalon-dragon-warfare/

Editor's Note: Think I'm going to have to take a more careful view on the F2P games we cover.

Dusteki

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:58 am

Why are you reviewing horrific mediocre F2P games? To drive page views?

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 am

Dusteki wrote:Why are you reviewing horrific mediocre F2P games? To drive page views?

Not really. To be honest I'm as disappointed as you are - one of the writers mentioned the art style was pretty good, and on paper Avalon seemed worth taking a shot... guess we were wrong! I still have to publish the piece and compensate Sean for his time though.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Dusteki

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Okay then. Appreciate the reply.

Dusteki

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Only freemium game I play is Fallout Shelter and that is the lone shining gem of the genre. Maybe you could do an update because the game has added a whole lot of stuff since it came out. Including a great quest and build system. Completely and easily playable without spending a cent.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Dusteki wrote:Only freemium game I play is Fallout Shelter and that is the lone shining gem of the genre. Maybe you could do an update because the game has added a whole lot of stuff since it came out. Including a great quest and build system. Completely and easily playable without spending a cent.

Good shout actually - I fell out with Fallout mainly because my Android tablet hasn't aged well, but I did notice they were supporting it lots. I'll add it to the idea pool, see if anyone's willing to write about it.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

geigerm

Re: Review: King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:39 pm

I think Gems of War and Hearthstone are other good examples of F2P "done right." But finding those few decent games in the sea of free crap is practically impossible.

cardon

Re: Review: King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:10 am

I really like this game but after the recent update i can't login anymore (login failed). Even i tried to download King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare apk from choilieng. Aww. i uninstalled and reinstalled but it seems that the game died.

Mod: Link removed as we can't verify whether this is safe or not.

Mouse

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:50 pm

KIng Of Avalon

multidemensional is the first word coming to mind. I started palying and could not stop. this is the first game I have been able to sit in front of for more than a week staight and still not be tiered of it yet.

The game is fairly new so dont jump to far ahead or onto a side in either direction. there is much to the game and much more that could be to come.

Daily events are matched by player or players in cooprative alliances. Build your kingdom and use wit, brawn and power to conquer all that lay in your path to be King of Avalon.

AndroidGamer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:15 pm

The King of Avalon is really a great strategy game and I enjoy playing it. This review makes some things more clear for me, however, I was looking for a King of Avalon hack for getting unlimited resources and I stumble upon this website:
https://gamecheat4android.com/king-of-a ... at-online/
Can anyone verify if this hack is working, I was trying but I didn't have luck...

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”