admin
Site Admin

Review: Enyo

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 am

Enyo is the Ancient Greek goddess of war. Yes, they had a goddess of war. Not Athena, she’s the goddess of wisdom, nor Artemis, she's the goddess of the hunt.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-enyo/

beekeo

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:27 pm

I have been enjoying this too! (even if it frequently makes me feel stupid). I'm a big fan of Card Crawl as well as Hoplite and this was a nice pickup while I wait for Card Thief to be released :)

Also: I think they imported Sobek from Egypt for the crocodile bomber.

tgl

Re: Review: Enyo

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:06 am

This is definitely scratching the Hoplite itch for me ... and that's high praise, because I've whiled away a metric ton of time with Hoplite. I do see control glitches on iOS similar to the ones the review describes for Android, but I trust those will be fixed in the first update. It's plenty playable, the glitches are just annoyances.

tgl

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:55 am

I wrote:I do see control glitches on iOS similar to the ones the review describes for Android, but I trust those will be fixed in the first update.

The iOS update that dropped today indeed seems to have fixed the control glitches.

tgl

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:32 am

I wrote:The iOS update that dropped today indeed seems to have fixed the control glitches.

Well, things were good yesterday. Today I updated to iOS 10, and now Enyo has a new different set of control glitches --- for example, if you're not careful a shield-dash move will move several squares further than you wanted. Looks like another bugfix update is needed. It's still fun though.

copman

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:47 am

As i've seen this first, i thought ok, placeholder art, but no....
Is this honest? Does "indie" mean visual ugliness and hype it until the crowd believes it looks good?
Sorry but would never try this just because of the visuals.......

TheMightyHoplite

Re:

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:28 am

copman wrote:As i've seen this first, i thought ok, placeholder art, but no....
Is this honest? Does "indie" mean visual ugliness and hype it until the crowd believes it looks good?
Sorry but would never try this just because of the visuals.......

Visual is just the skin of game. The essence of game is more important.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”