admin
Site Admin

CCG Week: Drakenlords

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:41 pm

My history of playing collectable card games is somewhat of a limited list. Like most children of my generation I was hooked on the Pokémon Trading Card game.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ccg-week-drakenlords/

Rangent

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Thanks so much for doing these CCG Week articles! You're echoing a lot of what I've felt trying to play some of these games recently, primarily "How is this different from Hearthstone?" "Why wouldn't I just play Hearthstone?"

geigerm

Re:

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Rangent wrote:Thanks so much for doing these CCG Week articles! You're echoing a lot of what I've felt trying to play some of these games recently, primarily "How is this different from Hearthstone?" "Why wouldn't I just play Hearthstone?"

Agreed. While these first two entries have been less than promising, I hope we get a look at some better content later in the week. I'd hate to think that the whole week of articles could be boiled down to "TL;DR Just play Hearthstone" ... because I don't particularly like Hearthstone.

EICJoe

Re: Re:

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:03 pm

geigerm wrote:
Rangent wrote:Thanks so much for doing these CCG Week articles! You're echoing a lot of what I've felt trying to play some of these games recently, primarily "How is this different from Hearthstone?" "Why wouldn't I just play Hearthstone?"

Agreed. While these first two entries have been less than promising, I hope we get a look at some better content later in the week. I'd hate to think that the whole week of articles could be boiled down to "TL;DR Just play Hearthstone" ... because I don't particularly like Hearthstone.

Yeah the candidates so far haven't been stellar, but these were picked a while ago and I kind of left the guys to it. This is pretty experimental so I don't expect it to be perfect.

You should enjoy tomorrow's a bit more, and then I'm doing a round-up style piece on Thursday, with Matt finishing us off with a look at Hearthstone and how it perseveres on Friday. I'm hoping you don't walk away with a 'Just play Hearthstone' impression, but it's important to acknowledge its success.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

LordGek

Re: CCG Week: Drakenlords

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Any clue when this will be hitting the US store?

Duranki

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:03 pm

It's a relative newcomer, but maybe there will be some mention this week of Star Crusade?

biffpow

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 am

I'm also really enjoying this series this week, despite the low grades thus far. Thanks for putting this together!

@Joe, maybe give Ascension a place in your round-up if you haven't already--it just released a new expansion this week and is, for my money, as good as HS, if not better. More strategy, less RNG, and weirder art : )

EICJoe

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 am

@biffpow: I'll take a look :) Star Crusade is getting a mention as well, although the piece will mostly focus on the Elder Scrolls offering as that's what I've been playing (It's just that so many more have turned up I don't want to miss out)

Made an amendment to clarify the launch situation - It's in soft-launch in Spain and the Nordics. I've asked for any news on a global launch, or at least a launch in more territories.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

EICJoe

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 am

LordGek wrote:Any clue when this will be hitting the US store?

November, when it releases globally :)
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”