admin
Site Admin

Review: Concrete Jungle

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:00 pm

I frequently think if I could do it all again, knowing what I know now, I'd be a city planner (for my day job, naturally I'd still write about video games).

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-concrete-jungle/

Js619

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Great review - I was waiting for this before pulling the plug on this one. Does it lend itself better to quick bursts of iPhone gaming? Or is it more suited for an iPad session?

LordGek

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:25 pm

Great review - I was waiting for this before pulling the plug on this one. Does it lend itself better to quick bursts of iPhone gaming? Or is it more suited for an iPad session?

Not sure but would likely lean toward more extended iPad gaming. I don't recall if you can save mid-game, but if you did I could see it a little tricky remembering what you'd already added to your deck and what tricks your opponent had already played this game.

Bernardo Soares

Re: Review: Concrete Jungle

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Great review, and a fantastic game! I'm reading some stuff about city planning right now and am also thinking that I'd certainly have liked that career.

I don't recall if you can save mid-game

There's a "Save & Exit" button in the menu, but I agree, it's difficult to remember your deck and layout. I do enjoy playing Classic on my commute, though, not to finish a game, but to try out different tactics.

Js619

Re:

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:41 pm

LordGek wrote:

Not sure but would likely lean toward more extended iPad gaming. I don't recall if you can save mid-game, but if you did I could see it a little tricky remembering what you'd already added to your deck and what tricks your opponent had already played this game.

Thanks all... I'm interested in this one but not sure that I need another solo game on my iPad right now. Maybe once I've finished Pathfinder...

EICJoe

Re: Re:

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Js619 wrote:
Thanks all... I'm interested in this one but not sure that I need another solo game on my iPad right now. Maybe once I've finished Pathfinder...

Well there is local multiplayer, but if you don't have anyone you can share your iPad with then I guess that's essentially useless.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Js619

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:57 pm

EICJoe wrote:
Js619 wrote:

Well there is local multiplayer, but if you don't have anyone you can share your iPad with then I guess that's essentially useless.

Yeah... my wife's iPad is pretty much relegated to the Netflix / Facebook role. Most I can get her into is Qwirkle...

geigerm

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Js619 wrote:Thanks all... I'm interested in this one but not sure that I need another solo game on my iPad right now. Maybe once I've finished Pathfinder...

The idea of "finishing Pathfinder" kind of cracks me up.

But I'm with you--interested in this one, but not enough to add it to the backlog at the moment.

MrGohl

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:36 pm

I think that I will get this, thanks for the review!

Speaking of Pathfinder, have they fixed their bugs yet? I had played it for a few weeks, then had to uninstall it update some things on my iPad. After reinstalling, I had lost all progress with my party and starting over seemed to be daunting/not worth it. I'd like to go through the expanded content, but I'm a little gunshy about the whole app now.

Anyone know if they've fixed their problems?

Js619

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:46 pm

MrGohl wrote:I think that I will get this, thanks for the review!

Speaking of Pathfinder, have they fixed their bugs yet? I had played it for a few weeks, then had to uninstall it update some things on my iPad. After reinstalling, I had lost all progress with my party and starting over seemed to be daunting/not worth it. I'd like to go through the expanded content, but I'm a little gunshy about the whole app now.

Anyone know if they've fixed their problems?

There was just an update to add an adventure pack, and it seems they've fixed some while others have cropped up. Nothing game breaking - I've never lost progress, but I do have to force close the app once in a while.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”