admin
Site Admin

Why We're Still Playing Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:00 pm

At the time of writing, 22 of the top 100 board games (as ranked by BoardGameGeek) have received the app treatment with at least two more (#2 ranked Through the...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/why-were-still-playing-eclipse-new-dawn-for-the-galaxy/

whovian223

Re: Why We're Still Playing Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:35 pm

it’s never been easier to get a game going with strangers

This is great, but how about making it easier to get a game going with your friends?

That's been the difficult part.

b005t3r

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:53 pm

We're still working on enhancing private games. It's currently possible to play with friends using FB, Steam accounts and Google accounts. We're still working on Game Center (it can be used to log in, but friend lists are not currently uploaded to the server - this last part we still need to fix).

We're also working on RotA content, new techs from the expansion will be the first thing we add.

whovian223

Re:

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:56 pm

b005t3r wrote:We're still working on enhancing private games. It's currently possible to play with friends using FB, Steam accounts and Google accounts. We're still working on Game Center (it can be used to log in, but friend lists are not currently uploaded to the server - this last part we still need to fix).

We're also working on RotA content, new techs from the expansion will be the first thing we add.

Thank you!

I'm very glad to hear that (and I know others are as well).

Mirefox

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Now I'd like to see some more Neuroshima Hex updates. How about Uranopolis, Mephisto, and maybe Death Breath? How about fixing it so my online games don't crash when I play dancer? How about the larger map or 2v2 variant? How about a revamped multiplayer in general?

Jaels

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:10 pm

key has always been that your opponents??? turns are displayed/recapped utilizing the same interface

Wait, what?

I bought the game on release, but my friends and I quickly stopped playing, as there was no access to a opponents turns log. So whenever your turn came back, you needed to analyze the board anew to figure out what changed, which was a pain. When did that change?

b005t3r

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:34 pm

This feature was there all the time (that is from the moment the new version was released). Opponents' moves are replayed for you once you get back to an online game.

whovian223

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:25 pm

That was the update that got everybody excited...until we found we couldn't invite our GC friends.

It was a much-needed change.

Narkulus

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 am

No turn notifications, at least not on the steam version. Email, text, whatever. Then I might play.

JammaTal

Re:

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:07 pm

b005t3r wrote:We're still working on enhancing private games. It's currently possible to play with friends using FB, Steam accounts and Google accounts. We're still working on Game Center (it can be used to log in, but friend lists are not currently uploaded to the server - this last part we still need to fix).

great news! fingers crossed that BDC can fix the GC friendslists.

in case this is not possible, how about introducing passwords for creating private games?
it's a simple but effective way to ensure private games, no matter what platform or social network.

and as long as the nasty iOS10 GC problem is not solved (that we can't add new players to our GC friendslists), an universal solution would be welcome even more.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”