admin
Site Admin

Review: Lost Portal

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Lost Portal came out early this year and though we've mentioned it a couple times on Pocket Tactics it hasn't had a proper review. It's high time to fix that.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-lost-portal/

acedout

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Well I wasn't expecting a 5 start review for this one! I purchased the game at version 1.0, but after reading this review and looking at the release notes on the App Store, it seems the developer has really sought to improve the game.

At the time, I found the whole interface a complete mess and got so frustrated with it, causing me to delete and forget it. One of the other issues I had was the lack of any tutorial. Has this been addressed now I wonder?

Any 5 star game rated game on PT is an Insta-buy for me, so I'm going to give this another go.

Well done to the developer for making the necessary improvements.

acedout

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Can we get a download link please.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:36 pm

acedout wrote:Can we get a download link please.

It's the Apple symbol at the bottom of the review, click on it and it'll take you directly to the store page (and your activity is tracked on our affiliate program).

Seriously, do people not know what those are at this point? I thought it was Known Thing(TM) since I thought it was in place well before I got here.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

KYakerDude

Re: Re:

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:31 pm

EICJoe wrote:

It's the Apple symbol at the bottom of the review, click on it and it'll take you directly to the store page (and your activity is tracked on our affiliate program).

Seriously, do people not know what those are at this point? I thought it was Known Thing(TM) since I thought it was in place well before I got here.

What does your affiliate program do? Does PT get some money for driving sales? If, so I'll have to make sure to use them so I can support PT.

EICJoe

Re: Review: Lost Portal

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm

If you click on one of our App Store links, it'll track what you spend on the App Store for a 24 hour period. We get a percentage of that.

I talk about this stuff quite a bit during my Letter from the Editor posts in Announcments, so they're worth keeping an eye on :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

acedout

Re: Re:

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

EICJoe wrote:

I didn't realise it was clickable, thanks! I'm used to following the inline links in most articles.

Neepneep

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Didn't see this getting a five star salute
But like others who trust the PT PoV, am gonna give it another go
Thx

acedout

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Second impressions since V1.0 - much improved! Is actually quite good fun!

It could do with some card symbols though to show card powers other than value, attack and shield - I find myself having to fully open the cards up each and every time. The UI is far improved, but as the review mentions, it could do with a few tweaks.

Although the manual is pretty good, it could also benefit from a tutorial! But it doesn't take too long to pick up the basics.

I've been playing for a few hours today and it's actually pretty good fun.

Mysterio

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:28 pm

From the dev yesterday on TA:
For the next update, I decided to work on improving the experience when you first start playing Lost Portal. I'm adding some tutorials you can step through to help explain how to use different screens like the deck editor, forge, card shop, duel, etc. They will highlight the various elements on the screen and explain what they are.

Also, when looking at the large view of a card, you'll also be able to press on the card's type to get a pop up with information about that type of card (i.e., Aeon, Disruption, etc.). That information will also automatically popup the first time you view that type of card.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”