admin
Site Admin

Pocket Tactics Game of the Year Awards 2016 – Voting Open!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

It's that time of year! The time where we get to make our voices heard and crown our favourite titles as Kings/Queens of their respective genres.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pocket-tactics-game-of-the-year-awards-2016-voting-open/

EICJoe

Re: Pocket Tactics Game of the Year Awards 2016 – Voting Open!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:41 pm

The current list of games due to have formal reviews by December 23rd are:

Severed [22nd December]
Saga of the North Wind [20th December]
Drakenlords [17th December]
Lost Frontier [15th December]

This list will be updated daily as I book stuff in, so stay tuned.

UPDATE: We have added the 'Storybook/Interactive Fiction' Category. For those of you who have already voted, you're free to send in additional votes for this category. Apologies for the change.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

geigerm

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Ah, I love this time of year. And I appreciate that we'll have a vote in every category--that's a very cool change.

Quick question: why e-mail voting as opposed to forum posts? I'm guessing it's easier to tally votes via e-mail, but I appreciate the opportunity to discuss everyone's opinions, so perhaps we can get some forum discussion going too, either in this thread or a separate one (whatever makes sense).

EICJoe

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:06 pm

geigerm wrote:Ah, I love this time of year. And I appreciate that we'll have a vote in every category--that's a very cool change.

Quick question: why e-mail voting as opposed to forum posts? I'm guessing it's easier to tally votes via e-mail, but I appreciate the opportunity to discuss everyone's opinions, so perhaps we can get some forum discussion going too, either in this thread or a separate one (whatever makes sense).

I can certainly create a separate thread for GOTY discussions :)

I'll be honest - this is my first year running the GOTY awards so I guess I just wanted to give myself some room to breath. Being able to process the votes etc... in private will help with that and I was worried what might happen if the voting was out in the open. The thread could become confused if people posted multiple times or if spams got in. I'll be evaluating everything for next year's awards.

Also, I have a separate GOTY folder for all emails which makes storing the information handy :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Baelnor

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:59 pm

It has been a really lean year. I have purchased very few from that list.

Private Prinny

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:38 pm

mikamobile's Lost Frontier isn't on the list - le sigh

I am currently only playing one of the games on the list (owning several, but mighty ol' backlog looms just ahead...) so this is a bit tough for me...

tofeklund

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:25 pm

mikamobile's Lost Frontier isn't on the list - le sigh

Lost Frontier! Dadgumit, I knew there was something important tickling at the back of my brain!

I can't promise we'll get a review of Lost Frontier in, but I'll see what I can do, Prinny!

anto

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 am

just wanted to amend the list with the following titles which, meanwhile, have been released for Android as well (so it might help Android gamers to cast their votes for them in case ...)

Jade empire
Legends of Callasia
Paperback
Solitairica
Hero generations regen
Galaxy of trian
Battlefleet gothic: Leviathan
Perchang
Fallen london
The game
Planar conquest
Tsuro
Punch club

outof

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Super Tribes has been renamed "The Battle of Polytopia" because of legal threats,

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Sup ... sp?c=70505

https://trademarks.justia.com/867/30/tr ... 30477.html

It's also now out on Android.

(And it should win a prize for being my favourite game since Rymdkapsel.)

TheMightyHoplite

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:42 pm

I think GotY is Dungeon Warfare(originally released in 2015 on Steam), but
you guys don't have a review for it...

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”