admin
Site Admin

Review: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Remember Theme Park? Back in the mid 90s, I would spend hours tinkering and fiddling with Bullfrog Productions’ construction and management sim.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-rollercoaster-tycoon-classic/

Origin8L

Re: Review: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Great review, thanks!

Just a note as it's not stated in many places, but there's an added bonus when purchasing the Toolkit. You can access the Six Flags scenarios by going to 'Start New Park' / 'More Park Scenarios'.

For the workers' dialogs being in the way, rather than closing them you can always move them out of the way (best to the right or bottom of the screen to avoid losing them entirely :)) That said, they might be something that can be reduced in size if players are likely to have multiple ones open.

EICJoe

Re: Review: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Origin8L wrote:Great review, thanks!

Just a note as it's not stated in many places, but there's an added bonus when purchasing the Toolkit. You can access the Six Flags scenarios by going to 'Start New Park' / 'More Park Scenarios'.

For the workers' dialogs being in the way, rather than closing them you can always move them out of the way (best to the right or bottom of the screen to avoid losing them entirely :)) That said, they might be something that can be reduced in size if players are likely to have multiple ones open.

Thanks for the heads up guys!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

hlship

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 pm

I love having this game handy; I may never be a master park or ride designer, but I've waited years for this exact game to come out (it was in my "shut up and take my money" list).

The UI problems I've had are no different than when running it on Windows over a decade ago. Perhaps a tad worse on the somewhat cramped (iPad mini) screen, and touch vs. mouse, meaning that your own finger obscures the view a bit.

I have a horrible time trying to build reasonable looking scenery; that's where I have tons of trouble, rather than laying out raised paths.

But again, this is a totally worthwhile purchase for anyone who had any interest in the original,
it really is the PC game on a tablet.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”