admin
Site Admin

PT Guides: Like... Roguelikes? You'll Love These!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:00 pm

We review a lot of roguelikes on Pocket Tactics, and we like them—Hoplite, Auro, Space Grunts, and Imbroglio have all gotten 5 star reviews—for good reason.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pt-guides-like-roguelikes-youll-love-these/

Mirefox

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Five Stars (IMO):

Don't Starve
FTL
Crypt of the Neceodancer

Four Stars (IMO):

Sproggiwood

TannerH

Re: PT Guides: Like... Roguelikes? You'll Love These!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:14 pm

I'd also recommend Pathos, a sort-of remix of Nethack that works really well on touch screens.

acedout

Re: PT Guides: Like... Roguelikes? You'll Love These!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Also:
Binding of Isaac:Rebirth (if you can get past the blatant symbolism/religious references/generally weird stuff)
Future Fate
Dungeon Raid
Guild of Dungeoneering

My most favourite of all was Space Grunts, but despite its 'weirdness', Isaac is my current favourite (non turn-based).

mattDP

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:24 pm

100 Rogues is a great game.

Did I mention how great it is?

It's great.

100 Rogues.

Optimus Lime

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Five Stars (IMO):

Four Stars (IMO):

Sproggiwood

I really liked Sproggiwood, it felt like the perfect mobile game. Controls worked wonderful on my phone and it never seemed constrained by the size. I could get in a dungeon run while making my morning coffee with enough difficulty to mean I might have to make it two runs as my guy quickly got overrun by teleporting mushrooms.

Based on the write-up here it looks like Crowntakers might be my next game pickup.

NICKVIGDAHL

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Has anybody played Siralim 2? I almost included it here (it was tough to decide which games to keep and which to cut). It's had some recent updates and is currently on sale for $2.

Mirefox

Re:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:
Five Stars (IMO):

Four Stars (IMO):

Sproggiwood

I really liked Sproggiwood, it felt like the perfect mobile game. Controls worked wonderful on my phone and it never seemed constrained by the size. I could get in a dungeon run while making my morning coffee with enough difficulty to mean I might have to make it two runs as my guy quickly got overrun by teleporting mushrooms.

Based on the write-up here it looks like Crowntakers might be my next game pickup.

Crowntakers is awesome. I only posted games that quickly came to mind that weren't mentioned, but if I listed all the roguelikes I have played, I'd put Criwntakers in my 4-5 star range.

TannerH

Re:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 pm

NICKVIGDAHL wrote:Has anybody played Siralim 2? I almost included it here (it was tough to decide which games to keep and which to cut). It's had some recent updates and is currently on sale for $2.

Haven't played 2, but the first game was a cool update to the Dragon Quest Monsters formula. Basically a dungeon-crawling Pokemon game. It was pretty hardcore, though. Lots of stats to consider, not really for those who are JRPG-averse.

TheMightyHoplite

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:59 am

Hoplite and Hack, Slash, Loot are my favorite roguelikes on iPhone. The latter is not for everyone because of its hellish difficulty, but it is one of the most genuine roguelikes in recent years.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”