admin
Site Admin

Review: Potions Explosion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Tabletop Publisher ‘Asmodee Digital,’ has been very busy of late: acquiring a number of different publishers and developers that have ties to a number of licensed games, such as A...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-potions-explosion/

Buggy

Re: Review: Potions Explosion

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

The store links are not correct.

EICJoe

Re: Review: Potions Explosion

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:05 am

Buggy wrote:The store links are not correct.

Fixed! Turns out I'd forgotten to put them in. Yay!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

RoccoD

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Bought the game but never managed to find anyone online which is a bummer.

raindog308

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 pm

I'm a huge fan of the paper game, and it's a family favorite as my daughter likes it. There's a fun kinetic quality to moving the marbles.

The ipad adaptation is excellent and very well made. But it lacks any kind of campaign, which I think is a missed opportunity. For board games that are big and complex and take hours, or have deep strategy (e.g., Twilight Struggle), standalone games work. But for PE, you're in and out in 15-20 and how many times are you going to play that way? It's not like there are tons of different strategies to try out.

I think the game really needs a storyline, campaign, or some kind of pleasant treadmilling because even though I'm a fan, I played the ipad version a half dozen times and never went back to it.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”