admin
Site Admin

Interview: Lost Portal's Mike Camilli

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Lost Portal is a single-player, premium, collectible-card game and one of Nick's favorite games of 2016.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/interview-lost-portals-mike-camilli/

Optimus Lime

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Any chance this will be coming to Android in the future? I've recently upgraded my device and I was halfway through Lost Portal at the time. Fingers crossed!

LostPortalDev

Re:

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:Any chance this will be coming to Android in the future? I've recently upgraded my device and I was halfway through Lost Portal at the time. Fingers crossed!

Lost Portal was made using SpriteKit and other Apple technologies, which means it would be difficult to port to Android. I have taken a look at tools such as Unity, but I don't currently have plans to switch to another framework like that.

alexsem6

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:Any chance this will be coming to Android in the future? I've recently upgraded my device and I was halfway through Lost Portal at the time. Fingers crossed!

Lost Portal was made using SpriteKit and other Apple technologies, which means it would be difficult to port to Android. I have taken a look at tools such as Unity, but I don't currently have plans to switch to another framework like that.

Nah. At first you told us that (quote) "I would work on Android version in case iOS version proves to be successful" (end quote). Now almost a year has past and Lost Portal is "rather" successful (at least judging from recent posts in your blog). So your current excuses sound a bit lame.

Well, whatever...

anto

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Lostportaldev wrote:

Pity, but fair enough: does this hold also for the new game (Star Portal)?

Buttsauce

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Love it!!! Thanks for the cool interview. Can't wait for the expansion and the new game, I will buy, upgrade... whatever, as soon as anything hits.

acedout

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Great interview.

I bought V1.0 of the game and it was so frustrating in terms of the UI I received a refund. I promptly bought the game again after learning of all the updates and now love the game!

We'll done for listening and responding to feedback.

I can't wait for the expansion. I will be first to purchase!

acedout

Re:

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 pm

You 'upgraded'? Are you sure?

LostPortalDev

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Nah. At first you told us that (quote) "I would work on Android version in case iOS version proves to be successful" (end quote). Now almost a year has past and Lost Portal is "rather" successful (at least judging from recent posts in your blog). So your current excuses sound a bit lame.

Well, whatever...[/quote]

At this point, Lost Portal has only done well enough to justify a small expansion. It has not done well enough to justify the much larger effort of an Android port.

LostPortalDev

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Pity, but fair enough: does this hold also for the new game (Star Portal)?

I am planning to leverage some of the existing code base I have for Lost Portal, so yes, I am expecting it to be iOS only.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”