admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Mildly Interesting Edition

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Welcome to the latest edition of 'Out Now', where we round-up the week's new game releases.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-now-mildly-interesting-edition/

Wavelightgames

Re: Out Now: Mildly Interesting Edition

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks for the round up and the shout out regarding Demon's Rise 1 and 2.

Len S

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:56 am

The Mage interactive was written by a terrific fantasy author, Karen Tidbeck, so I gave it a shot. It's great so far- beautiful prose, unusual setting.

Snotty128

Re: Re:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:59 am

Len S wrote:The Mage interactive was written by a terrific fantasy author, Karen Tidbeck, so I gave it a shot. It's great so far- beautiful prose, unusual setting.

I agree with you that the writing is the best part of the mage interactive novella. Its occasionaly muddled when it comes to the more gamey parts of the story, but overall it has left me with some remarkable visual memories.

Im less impressed with the implementation as an actual game.

The UI is oddly unresponsive, which is perplexing considering we have been playing text adventures as long as there were personal computers.

The text scrolls up nicely and legibly, until there is a conversation option, then the text is suddenly shunted to the top of the screen breaking your reading flow.

I finished one playthrough, or at least I assumed I did. I got the epilogue but I have no idea if thats the only ending. I tried again and died, so I know there are at least 2 endings! Komrad and 80 days handle this much better, explictly referenceing alternative endings or new game+ modes.

Len S

Re: Out Now: Mildly Interesting Edition

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:59 am

Having played a little further through, I agree that the gameplay itself could be more sharply defined, and with more choices as well. I do think the UI design, though flawed in the ways you describe, does a nice job of setting the mood-- and that's what I've always looked for in World of Darkness properties.

IanM

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Causality, not Casuality :)

But looks interesting!

acedout

Re:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 pm

IanM wrote:Causality, not Casuality :)

But looks interesting!

I've been calling is Casualty ever since I bought the game last week! haha

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”