admin
Site Admin

Review: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 pm

We live in strange times. Within the world of video games, one of these unique situations has been Nintendo’s jump into the mobile gaming market.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-fire-emblem-heroes/

Wavelightgames

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Nice review ... thanks for the write up. When I look at the main picture, I keep thinking "why are all those guys ganging up on that one little girl on the right? Seems most unfair".

biffpow

Re: Review: Fire Emblem Heroes

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Great review. Exactly how I felt about this game, as a longtime FE fan. Nothing here to make it worth the time, and it felt to me like a play for the "gotta orb them all" mentality.

mintsauce

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 pm

As biffpow says, your review is spot on.

All the ingredients seem to be there, but the final result is strangely underwhelming and ultimately very disappointing.

Private Prinny

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Interesting Review.

For this I was expecting all the F2P Shenaningans from Day 1 so I didn't hold it against the game when it came about. Stamina and Orbs are the bread and butter of Gacha Games and F2P games in general....so there you have it.

I also wanted a true FE for mobile, but since the series came back from the executioner's block more or less intact with Fire Emblem Awakening, and with a couple of new games in the series on the horizon as well I can live with the odd Heroes offspring, as long as the "true" games keep coming. Also since the days of old where Fire Emblem and a only a handful of other games could still my hunger for SRPGs are long gone and nowadays there are enough alternatives if you are willing to broaden your horizon and lessen your expectations a bit.

The mechanic that you loose all EXP you gained on that map if your character dies still incites careful play...not much like the series staple permadeath does it but at least to some degree.

For being a FE-nut myself I would give it a 4 Star....since 3,75 Stars sounds a bit to overly complicated....

Neo42

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

I dig it. I enjoy the streamlined tactical combat. Mostly streamlined. I find the leveling up during combat rather annoying because I can't seem to tap it away faster.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”