admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Showcase Showdown Edition

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Apple continued its Indie Games Showcase this week, featuring game after game created by independent developers.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/out-now-showcase-showdown-edition/

Neo42

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Bit City is part of a genre I've started noticing since "Battleborn Tap". I've seen at least 5 others since then.

Generally it's a LOT of tapping to upgrade your money generating things.

You get money all the time regardless of whether you're online or offline. Sometimes less if you're not online.

They have a "prestige" function that gets you perma rewards and a reset your game to start a newgame+ feature.

I think i'm done with that genre unless it mixes in something more interesting. And unless it starts having less "tap" heavy. My favorite of the genre is still Battleborn Tap because of the theme and the boss wave DPS threshold things you had to pass and using your action skills of your chosen characters.

Optimus Lime

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Anyone who is interested in idle games should be aware that Kittens Game released a mobile version on iOS and Android. It maintains a simplicity in design that hides a crazy amount of depth. Seriously, you start out a small Kitten village and next thing you know 8 months have gone by and your Hegemony is exploring the galaxy and altering the stream of time itself. If you're looking for graphics, or lots of immediate reward this game probably isn't for you. But if you're like me and have an addiction to this style of game (Cookie Clicker, AdVenture Capitalist etc.) you will have a new fix that will last longer than the rest. The game is $1 so no gems, catbucks, commercials to watch or other ingame tomfoolery to worry about. The app does seem to be a work in progress though, I've run into a few issues already. You can also try it out in your browser for free: http://bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/

acedout

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:10 am

I'm still really enjoying Stencilsmith from the roundup article last week. It's really great!

And Faeria is becoming a main staple of my gaming hours now. The iPad release got me playing again on the Mac and it's fantastic. I can't wait until it becomes stable enough to actually play on said device, but I don't think it'll be long now. The battery woes are present on either device though, but I can live with that...

acedout

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:10 am

I'm still really enjoying Stencilsmith from the roundup article last week. It's really great!

And Faeria is becoming a main staple of my gaming hours now. The iPad release got me playing again on the Mac and it's fantastic. I can't wait until it becomes stable enough to actually play on said device, but I don't think it'll be long now. The battery woes are present on either device though, but I can live with that...

tgl

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:50 am

Euclidean Lands sounds pretty interesting ... are y'all planning a full review?

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 am

tgl wrote:Euclidean Lands sounds pretty interesting ... are y'all planning a full review?

We're doing full reviews of Euclidean Lands, Guards 3D, Ticket to Earth and Aftershock, hopefully! :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”