admin
Site Admin

Review: Card Thief

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Before playing Card Thief, I was in the pink of health: now, I stand before you ravaged and thoroughly enthralled. I am red-eyed, bleary, wan, and yet grinning ear-to-ear.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-card-thief/

alexsem6

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:32 pm

You forgot to mention how laggy this game is. How quickly it devours you battery charge. Oh, and also it can absolutely melt your CPU down to ashes.

Not only this game, but all TinyTouchables games - Arnold simply does not know what 'optimization' means. And he does not care a tiny bit.

So in turn I don't care about him and his buggy games. Even though I bought his ptevious laggy masterpiece. Could have spent money on something less dissappointing (I don't know, a song, maybe).

Optimus Lime

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Was really hoping for an Android version. Any news on when it will be coming to the rest of us?

phreddo

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:17 pm

You forgot to mention how laggy this game is. How quickly it devours you battery charge. Oh, and also it can absolutely melt your CPU down to ashes.

Not only this game, but all TinyTouchables games - Arnold simply does not know what 'optimization' means. And he does not care a tiny bit.

So in turn I don't care about him and his buggy games. Even though I bought his ptevious laggy masterpiece. Could have spent money on something less dissappointing (I don't know, a song, maybe).

I have been playing this game nonstop since it was released, and have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Given the trollish nature of your comment, I doubt you even have this game.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:Was really hoping for an Android version. Any news on when it will be coming to the rest of us?

Developer says it's coming in about a month :)

https://twitter.com/cardthiefgame/status/844974812300759041
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

acedout

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Do you even know what 'lag' means?

jhkrischel

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 pm

I have been playing this game nonstop since it was released, and have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Given the trollish nature of your comment, I doubt you even have this game.

Sorry, but I've got to agree with the parent comment - with my iphone 6 plus inside a survivor case, playing Card Thief starts overheating after about 20-30 minutes. Things start lagging, the brightness sometimes switches up and down, and battery drains really quick.

Performance optimization is hard, no doubt - but it would definitely be appreciated. As it is, I mostly play Card Thief when plugged into a power adapter lying in bed, rather than out and about.

acedout

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

It's definitely a battery drainer, I won't dispute that!

phreddo

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Sorry, but I've got to agree with the parent comment - with my iphone 6 plus inside a survivor case, playing Card Thief starts overheating after about 20-30 minutes. Things start lagging, the brightness sometimes switches up and down, and battery drains really quick.

Performance optimization is hard, no doubt - but it would definitely be appreciated. As it is, I mostly play Card Thief when plugged into a power adapter lying in bed, rather than out and about.

I'm on a 7 plus. I haven't noticed heat or lag issues. I'm sure my battery has been affected, but I play a lot of games on my phone and haven't really noticed a huge change (probably due to my usage).

alexsem6

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Sorry, I forgot that PocketTactics have little interest in Android games. I saw this was an iOS review only after I pressed the SUBMIT button.

My frustration was with the fact that all Arnold's games (Card Crawl, Enyo and now Card Thief) have very high hardware requirements, while basically being simple 2D games. The graphics are simply not too fancy for them to run so slow and to eat battery like crazy.

At least on Android. I don't own iOS device - so my comment about Android game in response to iOS review is indeed a bit trollish. I apologize for that.

P.S. I do own the game. I joined Card Thief closed beta testing about a month ago. And I wrote the same concerns as the ones stated above to TinyTouchables forum. With none of them taken into account. So I kinda lost faith in this developer.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”