admin
Site Admin

Review: The Elder Scrolls: Legends

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm

You can never have too many collectible-card games, right? Ok, no…that's not right. The CCG market may be huge but it won't support every game that comes in search of...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-the-elder-scrolls-legends/

EICJoe

Re: Review: The Elder Scrolls: Legends

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Just as an FYI, Nick did feel more comfortable giving this game a score as he came away with a clearer idea of how he felt about it, however in the interest of fairness (given our stance on Faeria) I've declined to attribute a score with this review.

Just in case you can't tell though, Nick thinks it's quite good.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

MrGohl

Re: Review: The Elder Scrolls: Legends

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:15 pm

I have been playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends (TESL) for quite some time now, and have just recently started over again in Faeria and Duelyst, and I think TESL is actually the most generous of the three. The difference is the ability to grind the AI for dust, er sparks...er Memoria, soul gems :) You can get 300 gems per day, and with an aggressive deck those games are usually over by turn 5-7. I can usually grind out the 300 max in just over an hour, and its actually kind of fun, since the AI plays so quickly. So, if you're missing a legendary for your deck, you're guaranteed to be able to craft that in 4-5 hours of play over 4 days. It makes it seem as if no deck is really out of reach, and that keeps me coming back.

The gameplay is slightly more involved than Hearthstone, I definately enjoy it more than Hearthstone now, but thats mostly because of Hearthstone over-saturation in the last couple of years. I will play it alot when it finally comes to iphone. I have started Duelyst because I think that it will appear on iphone sooner, (they are in beta testing already). TESL will work on ipads that Faeria wont work on, as well. All three are great games, in my opinion, its just a matter of which ones I can get my friends to play first.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”