admin
Site Admin

Interview: Guild of Dungeoneering Creator Colm Larkin

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:00 pm

After reviewing the Guild of Dungeoneering expansion Ice Cream Headaches, Mark say down with creator Colm Larking to talk about the game, its origin, and the industry in Ireland in general.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/interview-guild-of-dungeoneering-creator-colm-larking/

biffpow

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Great interview : ) I would agree that the style/tone of the game is what makes GoE so endearing and re-playable for me. And Colm is right--I'm not sure I ever noticed that there's no animations! Clearly it doesn't matter.

It's interesting to read that to get traction on ios, it was helpful (necessary?) to first prove the game's success on PC. Feels like the tail wagging the dog to me for some reason.

JusSayin

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Good interview!

Did I miss something, though? Does GoH mean Guild of Dungeoneering? Shouldn't it be GoD?

EICJoe

Re:

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:56 pm

JusSayin wrote:Good interview!

Did I miss something, though? Does GoH mean Guild of Dungeoneering? Shouldn't it be GoD?

Yes it should :) sorry about that - my fault for not checking closely enough. Fixed!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

geigerm

Re: Interview: Guild of Dungeoneering Creator Colm Larking

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I really enjoyed this interview--some interesting insights on one of my favorite recent games.

One issue, though: I'm 99% sure you misspelled the dev's last name. It's Larkin, no 'g'.

EICJoe

Re: Interview: Guild of Dungeoneering Creator Colm Larking

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm

geigerm wrote:I really enjoyed this interview--some interesting insights on one of my favorite recent games.

One issue, though: I'm 99% sure you misspelled the dev's last name. It's Larkin, no 'g'.

Yup that was my bad. All fixed!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

lithiumproject

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Appreciate all the kind words! Colm was a delight to interview, and he lives about 40 minutes down the road from me!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”