admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Cards, Adventures, and More Cards

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm

March's torrent of great game releases has finally slowed, leaving us with a relatively quiet week.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/out-now-cards-adventures-and-more-cards/

raindog308

Re: Out Now: Cards, Adventures, and More Cards

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Is there a rule that PT can't identify the game in the main image for the post? Seems like someone always has to ask...

OK, I'll be the guy this week. What's the game in the headline?

Mirefox

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 pm

raindog308 wrote:Is there a rule that PT can't identify the game in the main image for the post? Seems like someone always has to ask...

It looks like the Imperial City from Oblivion, so I'm guessing it has to do with the Elder Scrolls card game.

EICJoe

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:16 pm

raindog308 wrote:Is there a rule that PT can't identify the game in the main image for the post? Seems like someone always has to ask...

Well there's no way to add text to it, like a caption or even a pop up like with body images, so unless I made a note saying "Header image is from X" then yeah, guess there's no way you'd know unless you asked or recognised the shot.

I kind of like the idea of making a game out of that, but if it really bothers you guys we can add a note somewhere.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Commander Cello

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:15 pm

Is there a rule that PT can't identify the game in the main image for the post? Seems like someone always has to ask...

I wasn't about to butcher the text just to add that little bit of non-essential information. Sometimes the header will be obviously related to a specific game, but when it isn't, we will gladly provide the source in the comments if someone asks -- as Joe said, there is no way to add the source directly to the picture.

The header picture is a concept art for Elder Scrolls Legends, and it is the Imperial City of Oblivion like Mirefox rightfully said. It is a signature place in the Elder Scrolls games, but as far as I know, it doesn't feature meaningfully in Legends, given it's a card game. But it looks awesome, it's official art for that specific game, and it makes a great header, so there it is.

acedout

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:13 pm

HTML alt 'hover over' text works for me. Basic HTML.

EICJoe

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:45 pm

acedout wrote:HTML alt 'hover over' text works for me. Basic HTML.

Hey ace - sorry, for clarification, I didn't mean to imply it was impossible. Our back-end is mainly WYSIWYG and the interface for uploading a header image doesn't come with functionality that allows for hover-over text. The interface for body images does :)

Yes, it can be done via HTML, but I've been uploading 'Out Now' since Tof started doing them again last year, (and Marcello has been handling them recently) and we don't always identify what the image is. It's not something that I feel warrants going into the HTML for, no matter how basic, because it involves having having to work around the default editor.

I can make a game out of it though if you guys want. Whoever guesses first wins a prize or something. I'll need to get some prizes mind...
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”