admin
Site Admin

PT Guide: Carcassonne DLC Buying Guide [Part 1]

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Following an initial release in 2000 the tile-laying game Carcassonne has played a significant part in the resurgence of the board gaming hobby.

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/pt-guide-carcassonne-dlc-buying-guide-part-1/

Zenish

Re: PT Guide: Carcassonne DLC Buying Guide [Part 1]

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks for this guide. I was thinking of bringing the physical Carcassonne on the next family vacation and wanted to spice it up with an expansion. It needs to add not too much complexity to the base game.

I look forward to Part 2!

Oynox

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:49 pm

However, keep in mind that the five year anniversary bundle is still available for five bucks and bundles quite some DLC together.

Regarding the cathedrals & inns, specifically the big meeple: It completely revamps how the game works competitively. By placing it smartly you may get such an advantage that you easily can snack a high value town off your enemy.

Without them, I feel the game is much more head to head focused. It is really important to keep a steady eye on what your enemy does, try to intervene or get a piece of the cake so you both get the score. In the end it is a fight between whoever can defend most attacks, puts himself into other areas and manages to build something great on his own.

Mirefox

Re: PT Guide: Carcassonne DLC Buying Guide [Part 1]

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:01 am

I own every physical expansion for Carcassonne. I used to be a junkie. In my opinion (and this is likely not the popular opinion), if you can only have one expansion is should be Princess & Dragon. My reason for this is that it makes the most drastic changes to the game. If you want a less confrontational game, you play vanilla; if you want to get a little nasty, you mix in P&D. It gives you the most varied gameplay.

raketemensch

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 pm

My wife and I play Traders and Builders constantly, to us it's the perfect expansion. It adds a tniy bit of cut-throat, farms become more valuable, and the builder adds a draw engine, which stacks nicely with the other mechanics.

Definitely a favorite.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”