admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Quality Edition

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

The closing of another week brings another weekend and another slate of new games to check out.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/out-now-edition/

dwtheriault

Re: Out Now: Quality Edition

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Has anyone tried a new game called Codex of Victory? Real time play but turn based combat. Anyone???

Snotty128

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:34 am

Your carrier deck ios link is broken.

Ive played up to level 60 on bounzy and its fine for what it is. The core idea behind the gameplay is fun and different enough to be entertaining (its kind of like arkanoid/breakout but with multiple balls and no paddle to save them with). Sadly the other game elements are a bit lacking. Progression moves at a glacial speed, Ive not seen a new monster in dozens of levels, theres no high scores, and ultimately no reason to play unless you enjoy the core gameplay mechanic. Which I do happen to enjoy.

NICKVIGDAHL

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Has anyone tried a new game called Codex of Victory? Real time play but turn based combat. Anyone???

I *totally* missed that was out this week, thought it was coming later this month. I'll hit it for next week.

Your carrier deck ios link is broken.

Ive played up to level 60 on bounzy and its fine for what it is. The core idea behind the gameplay is fun and different enough to be entertaining (its kind of like arkanoid/breakout but with multiple balls and no paddle to save them with). Sadly the other game elements are a bit lacking. Progression moves at a glacial speed, Ive not seen a new monster in dozens of levels, theres no high scores, and ultimately no reason to play unless you enjoy the core gameplay mechanic. Which I do happen to enjoy.

I've hit the slow down zone you speak of and agree with this assessment. I also tend to enjoy the core mechanic. It's something to mess around with here and there when a few minutes present themselves.

EICJoe

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Link should be fixed, sorry about that!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

TinStarMan

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Anyone else having problems with Carrier Deck on iPad? I'm stuck in the tutorial because I can't select the aircraft to move it to a runway. The app is also extremely slow. I sit at a black opening sceen for what feels like 30s or more...not horrible, just not used to that. I'm running it on a 3rd gen iPad, but I didn't see any restrictions other than having newer than IOS 8, and I have newer.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”