admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Augmented Edition

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:30 pm

It's Friday which means yet another Out Now. Today, we've got a turn-based tactics game that came out last Friday but missed our deadline for Out Now as well as...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/out-now-augmented-edition/

biffpow

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks for the roundup, Nick, as always.

Warbands: Bushido looks promising, especially with its (surprising) absence of IAP. The lack of a campaign is the only thing keeping me from jumping on this right now. Are the cards and fighters that you acquire with the in-game currency randomized, or do you have a menu to select from whatever you want?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

biffpow wrote:Thanks for the roundup, Nick, as always.

Warbands: Bushido looks promising, especially with its (surprising) absence of IAP. The lack of a campaign is the only thing keeping me from jumping on this right now. Are the cards and fighters that you acquire with the in-game currency randomized, or do you have a menu to select from whatever you want?

Our review of the PC version on Strategy Gamer might help. Can't remember if Martynas coveted that.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

mintsauce

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Warbands: Bushido was almost an insta-purchase, until I noticed the number of App Store reviews complaining about a generally lazy and buggy approach to the port (e.g. "Right click here", cramped icons etc).

Looking forward to the review to see if I should plow through these regardless for the (very promising looking) core gameplay....

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 pm

mintsauce wrote:Warbands: Bushido was almost an insta-purchase, until I noticed the number of App Store reviews complaining about a generally lazy and buggy approach to the port (e.g. "Right click here", cramped icons etc).

Looking forward to the review to see if I should plow through these regardless for the (very promising looking) core gameplay....

Yeah FWIW, I've been talking with Matt Skidmore during his review and he's been having trouble getting the thing to connect/run. Red Unit told me that a patch fixing these things was supposed to drop today, so hopefully it's gotten better from a technical stand-point?

I guess lazy porting can't be patched away though, hah.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”