admin
Site Admin

Review: Iron Marines

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:20 pm

When you know a developer for making one particular game, or one particular type of game, you can’t help but look to see what they do next and see the...

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-iron-marines/

GwaR

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Have you played any of the Kingdom Rush games from Ironhide Games before? I seriously question whether you have when you call out the IAPs in this way.

ALL of the Kingdom Rush games have had large amounts of content that could be bought with IAP. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. In fact, most of them locked the majority of the 'optional' hero characters behind full paywalls (you could never unlock them through playing the game, no matter how much grinding you did, only through paying real money).

So yeah, nothing new here. Seriously, re-download one of the earlier versions and open up one of the shops. Very clear that they have always contained huge amounts of IAPs (it's not a new trend with this company at all). It's really my only qualm with the previous games, as they are well built little TD games.

Dreizu

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:09 pm

@GWAR

Actually, the original Kingdom Rush for Android doesn't have IAPs. The heroes are unlocked by playing the game. I've verified this by installing the original game via Humble Bundle that I bought years ago. Looking at the Play Store, they changed the game to free with IAPs and ads at some point.

Dreizu

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 pm

I went ahead and installed Frontiers from Humble Bundle as well. No IAPs or ads. IIRC, they started testing the waters with IAPs in Origins.

GwaR

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Well, I've never played on Android, so that may the difference (I guess the Android versions are superior). On IOS they all have IAPs and all of the other supplementary heroes are locked behind paywalls. Very easy to see in both Frontiers and Origins.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”