admin
Site Admin

Review: Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition has travelled far and at long last reached its own final frontier: the mobile platform.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-halcyon-6-lightspeed-edition/

TheShoes76

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Picked this up last week, and I'm loving it--HOWEVER... I would love an undo button. There are times, especially in the base building screens, where I accidentally start building the wrong thing, and there doesn't seem to be a way to undo--unless I'm missing something somewhere, which is entirely possible.

Other than that, it's a lot of fun.

OneTodd

Re: Review: Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Nice review! Thanks for posting it!

Rangent

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is on iPhone/iPad, but thats the only Halcyon 6 game I can find. It seems like Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is only for PC?

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Rangent wrote:Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is on iPhone/iPad, but thats the only Halcyon 6 game I can find. It seems like Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is only for PC?

That's possibly our mistake - the game is officially known as 'Halycon 6: Starbase Commander' but it released released an update on PC called 'Lightspeed Edition' that fixed a bunch of stuff.

I guess on mobile they went with the old name. I'll fix it ASAP.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

randiv

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Rangent wrote:Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is on iPhone/iPad, but thats the only Halcyon 6 game I can find. It seems like Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is only for PC?

That's possibly our mistake - the game is officially known as 'Halycon 6: Starbase Commander' but it released released an update on PC called 'Lightspeed Edition' that fixed a bunch of stuff.

I guess on mobile they went with the old name. I'll fix it ASAP.

Following the article like to the UK app store, and you see "Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition". Go to the U.S. version of the app store and there is (only) "Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander". I am holding off on purchasing until I can be sure it is the same game.

zot23

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:17 am

Thank goodness this review arrived. I thought I had slipped into some vile parallel dimension where pocket tactics for some reason had let Halcyon slip through the cracks.

Lanster27

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am

I was looking to pick this one up, but some reviews say the combat gets repetitive and grindy (similar to JRPGs) and once you find a winning combo, you can use it and the game doesnt force you to mix it up. Are these negatives still valid, for those who have made reasonable progression in game?

MintDragon

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:53 am

I was looking to pick this one up, but some reviews say the combat gets repetitive and grindy (similar to JRPGs) and once you find a winning combo, you can use it and the game doesnt force you to mix it up. Are these negatives still valid, for those who have made reasonable progression in game?

3 on 3 ship combat with different strength and weaknesses. There is variety ????

Bernardo Soares

Re:

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:03 am

randiv wrote:Following the article like to the UK app store, and you see "Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition". Go to the U.S. version of the app store and there is (only) "Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander". I am holding off on purchasing until I can be sure it is the same game.

The entry on my store (Swiss) also says "Starbase Commander", but after downloading it, the game menu says "Lightspeed Edition", so this should be the same game.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”