admin
Site Admin

Super Tribes updating this week, adding more super

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Super Tribes is the biggest surprise of 2016 thus far. As Zac explained in his review, it's a puzzle game with a 4X skin but it feels like a more...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/super-tribes-updating-this-week-adding-more-super/

michael_p

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:13 pm

That's great news ! Too bad reviews aren't updated when this kind of feature comes out (granted, it seems impossible to do this for every updae).

I hope it plays better on my iPad 2 with these new zoom capabilities (text was very hard to read without Retina display). I contacted the support about that and they seemed really reactive and willing to improve the game for iPads !

Plus, I got bit once by the absence of auto-save when the game crashed on my iPad (presumably, this older model lacks RAM).

Don't forget to buy these additional tribes :)

biffpow

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:26 pm

I would be much more excited about the additional tribes if the skill trees for tribes were all different. As in, with skills and trees that are unique to each tribe. Starting with one skill over another influences strategy to only a minor degree, IMO. As it is now, choosing which tribe to play is a matter of visual preference more than anything for me.

PhilippeG

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm

I play Super Tribes on a 3.5" device, so the zoom is a welcome addition. Details sometimes look a little bit too small.

iBaLkiD

Re: Super Tribes updating this week, adding more super

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Happy to see them push an update so soon after release. The game has the potential to grow into something pretty darn kool. Not that it isnt now, its just bristling with so much future potential.

geigerm

Re:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:32 pm

biffpow wrote:I would be much more excited about the additional tribes if the skill trees for tribes were all different. As in, with skills and trees that are unique to each tribe. Starting with one skill over another influences strategy to only a minor degree, IMO. As it is now, choosing which tribe to play is a matter of visual preference more than anything for me.

Agreed. The usefulness of that initial skill almost has more to do with terrain than anything else. I recently started a game with the skill that lets you harvest fruit, only to find my initial city surrounded by 7 water tiles and a single land tile. I had to learn fishing as quickly as possible to make any improvements. I do like the randomly generated worlds, but how well the initial setup matches your tribe is a complete crapshoot.

I'll still buy the new tribes to support the devs. And I'm glad to see updates--particularly local high scores--so soon after release. The game's pretty cool now. Hopefully it gets even better.

doublebullout

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:18 am

I re-downloaded again in preparation for the imminent update, and had to delete it again. I literally have no self control with this game. :roll:

As for beginning strategy, I usually start off with Bardu or Kickoo. They're the only tribes with a skill that lets you immediately improve your capital on the first turn (provided that the map doesn't screw you straight off.)

geigerm

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:33 am

I'm still completely baffled by these high scores. I think my personal best is around 24,000. How in the world does someone get over 130,000?

Snotty128

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:39 am

Ive been playing bardur as it starts me one step closer to catapults. If Im quick enough I can get a wall of catapults advancing on the enemy, one shotting pretty much everything in their path.

doublebullout

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:56 am

geigerm wrote:I'm still completely baffled by these high scores. I think my personal best is around 24,000. How in the world does someone get over 130,000?

There has to be some glitch or cheat involved. The math just doesn't work out otherwise.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”