admin
Site Admin

This War of Mine: The Little Ones coming to mobile and I'm already depressed

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Last year's This War of Mine was one of the better games for iPad, and a truly visceral gut punch.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/this-war-of-mine-the-little-ones-coming-to-mobile-and-im-already-depressed/

OBollocks

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Picked this up on PS4, well worth the (bargain) price.

I'm really quite excited for the board game, too.

Js619

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Is this an add-on for the existing game? Or a new title that has the underlying game with kids added in?

Footnote, either way I'm in. It's one of my favorite iOS games, despite the fact that it's heartbreaking as all hell. Play this whilst reading McCarthy's The Road and you've got yourself a free prescription for anti-depressants.

geigerm

Re: This War of Mine: The Little Ones coming to mobile and I'm already depressed

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:14 pm

The kids pictured in this game are actually the developers' own children, as described in the article linked below:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/263777/Placing_kid_characters_in_a_tragic_situation_in_This_War_Of_Mine.php

Niallism

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:30 am

What's the gameplay like? It looks interesting, and emotionally challenging, but reviews focus on that so much that I'm not sure how it plays. I'd like to play it, but not if it's a dull game except for the theme.

OBollocks

Re: Woop woop it's the sound of the beast.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 am

Niallism wrote:What's the gameplay like? It looks interesting, and emotionally challenging, but reviews focus on that so much that I'm not sure how it plays. I'd like to play it, but not if it's a dull game except for the theme.

It's a 2D survival game, with strategy/management elements and procedurally-generated environments. You control a small group of survivors, and you have to scavenge/steal resources, avoid or interact in various ways with NPCs, and keep your people healthy and relatively happy, building up your own household.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”