admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Still Hung Over Edition

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:00 pm

What? Oh, is it 2017 already? I get the impression that the Pocket Tactics offices weren’t the only ones still missing all their lampshades a week after New Year’s, as...

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-now-still-hung-over-edition/

alexsem6

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:02 pm

You really want to know? I've been playing Pathfinder Adventures like crazy until the game was ruined by the latest update.

Now I'm playing Ascension like crazy - sorry, Obsidian.

Yeah, and Christmas discount for Space Marshals was also very nice.

jeffy777

Re: Out Now: Still Hung Over Edition

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 pm

I've been playing Pirates War: The Dice King. It's essentially Monopoly with Pirates who have special abilities...and it's awesome. I'm very addicted...and currently #1 on the leaderboard :D .

G Mahler

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:20 am

There is a How to Play manual for Avignon. It is located in the settings which is the gear symbol located in lower right of title screen. It took me a while to find the thing...

Snotty128

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:12 am

jeffy777 wrote:I've been playing Pirates War: The Dice King. It's essentially Monopoly with Pirates who have special abilities...and it's awesome. I'm very addicted...and currently #1 on the leaderboard :D .

This game is crammed full of nearly every fremium mechanic you could imagine. I kind of like it in spite of this though.

I do wonder in these free multiplayer games just how multi'player' they actually are, or maybe you are just playing against other peoples decks controlled by an ai. Have you seen any behaviour that makes you sure youre playing real people? The top rank players can usually spot this amongst themselves the quickest.

I have to give nintendo credit, as in mario run they say you are racing against someone elses 'style' rather than pretending youre having a real, much more difficult to code, multiplayer experience.

jeffy777

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 am

Snotty128 wrote:
jeffy777 wrote:I've been playing Pirates War: The Dice King. It's essentially Monopoly with Pirates who have special abilities...and it's awesome. I'm very addicted...and currently #1 on the leaderboard :D .

This game is crammed full of nearly every fremium mechanic you could imagine. I kind of like it in spite of this though.

I do wonder in these free multiplayer games just how multi'player' they actually are, or maybe you are just playing against other peoples decks controlled by an ai. Have you seen any behaviour that makes you sure youre playing real people? The top rank players can usually spot this amongst themselves the quickest.

I have to give nintendo credit, as in mario run they say you are racing against someone elses 'style' rather than pretending youre having a real, much more difficult to code, multiplayer experience.

Yes, it's definitely freemium, but it doesn't bother me because it's so highly polished. From the art, to the sound fx, and everything in between; you can tell there are some very talented devs working on this game...and most importantly: it's very fun. Plus even though it's F2P, you don't have to pay anything to win.

As for the AI part: you're definitely playing against real people. I've certainly developed some in-game rivals, as well as friends.

I'm excited to see what they add to it this year. The devs seem pretty eager to make it even better.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”