admin
Site Admin

Pocket Tactics Presents: iOS Guide 2017

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:00 pm

2016 was an awesome year for gaming and I sure hope that trend continues into 2017.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pocket-tactics-presents-ios-guide-2017/

LurkingBear

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm pretty stoked for Epic Card Game. They just released a preview video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUcUUfa4XU

Tamsk

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Nothing about the big-name boardgame ports that are scheduled to be coming soon? Terra Mystica, Through the Ages, Codenames, probably others that I'm forgetting (which is why this kind of roundup is useful...).

Parsley76

Re: Pocket Tactics Presents: iOS Guide 2017

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Whatever Playdek are working is my number 1 Want.
And 7 Wonders should be out by Q2? Wasn't there an advanced version at Essen Spiel a few months ago?

Wavelightgames

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Some really cool games coming out. I love the hexagon based terrain of wartile. Is it really a real time strategy game? I don't think I've ever seen a hex game that was real-time and not turn-based.

NICKVIGDAHL

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm pretty stoked for Epic Card Game. They just released a preview video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUcUUfa4XU

Their Kickstarter is coming soon. I hope that means a digital version in 2017. More to come once I can confirm something.

7 Wonders was supposed to be out in 2016 as well...then not. Has anybody seen official confirmation on it for 2017?

Same question on Terra Mystica. I know Digidiced tweeted they were working on it but I've not seen anything official there either. Certainly possible I missed it though.

I love the hexagon based terrain of wartile. Is it really a real time strategy game? I don't think I've ever seen a hex game that was real-time and not turn-based.

Yes, it is. That's the main drawback from my experience with the alpha although they are using a cooldown timer approach that helps a bit. Still pretty frantic compared to turn-based of course.

Tamsk

Re:

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 am

NICKVIGDAHL wrote: Same question on Terra Mystica. I know Digidiced tweeted they were working on it but I've not seen anything official there either. Certainly possible I missed it though.

This Facebook comment is the latest I've seen from them, indicating it's still on schedule (for the moment).

7 Wonders is a... more dubious proposition.

NICKVIGDAHL

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:46 am

NICKVIGDAHL wrote: Same question on Terra Mystica. I know Digidiced tweeted they were working on it but I've not seen anything official there either. Certainly possible I missed it though.

This Facebook comment is the latest I've seen from them, indicating it's still on schedule (for the moment).

7 Wonders is a... more dubious proposition.

Lol, yup. Thanks.

EICJoe

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 am

We can update this as we go and re-post it to the top so this isn't definitive by any means :) information is a lot more sparse in mobile gaming it seems to me, so this is just an initial pass.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

marcokpc

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:25 pm

So this is the Pocket "Tactics" guideline for 2017.... just so sad.
no mention of any boardgames at all...
i understand (really) that you dont like (or care) about digital adaptation of
boardgames but i think that this was (at least for me) the 'unique' difference between this site and the other numerous site available about digital gaming.

For example the latest posted review is about a game (??) Sunny..(wow what ? 4 star?)
you could review instead Potion explosion but no..lets go with Sunny

and will be not a big surprise considering that is from Asmodee digital your final rating of this game (could i bet on 1 star? :))

and let me just point that i did not post for start any flame war or whatever but just some mine considerations and maybe a little suggestion
just remove "tactics".. Pocket gaming could work just better i believe.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”