admin
Site Admin

Out Now: Forever Edition

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:33 pm

It’s Friday, which means a healthy dose of games to check out. Space faring animals and super stealthy ninjas meet civilization building rulers and military masterminds in this week’s edition.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/out-now-forever-edition/

acedout

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Age of Rivals was an instant download for me and it's looking very good so far. A complete steal at 99p.

Erroll

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:23 pm

I bought Panthera when I saw it here because the listing didnt show any IAP and I do like to support premium games. However, they do have an IAP store with a special currency and power ups.

TheMightyHoplite

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Age of Rivals is definitely a good game for my liking. It is a 'playing casually, thinking carefully' kind of game. Also, It reminded me of some Knizia's works, especially Tigris and Euphrates, which I've been enjoyed for years. Anyway, thanks for letting me know it!

MetaKirby

Re:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Erroll wrote:I bought Panthera when I saw it here because the listing didnt show any IAP and I do like to support premium games. However, they do have an IAP store with a special currency and power ups.

Maybe it was added after you bought it, but both the iOS and Android store currently includes this in the description:
"- IAPs can be used to progress more quickly and more easily through Panthera Frontier, but we recommend playing through using your own skill and ability first!"

It's an interesting looking game, though not many reviews at the moment. I have enough to play at the moment, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Erroll

Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm

I look for the "top IAP" listing in the iTunes app store. I didn't see one when I bought it. There is one there now since the latest version went up last night.

Private Prinny

Re:

Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Erroll wrote:I look for the "top IAP" listing in the iTunes app store. I didn't see one when I bought it. There is one there now since the latest version went up last night.

IIRC the TOP IAP list only shows up after someone actually buys some IAP. Maybe you were going for it before someone bought some IAP (or the shop refreshed for it)

jeffy777

Re: Out Now: Forever Edition

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Is Panthera different enough from FTL to make it worth buying? Maybe a review coming as well?

EICJoe

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm

jeffy777 wrote:Is Panthera different enough from FTL to make it worth buying? Maybe a review coming as well?

I'm commissioning reviews of Panthera, Age of Rivals and probably Codex of Victory ASAP :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

jeffy777

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 am

EICJoe wrote:
jeffy777 wrote:Is Panthera different enough from FTL to make it worth buying? Maybe a review coming as well?

I'm commissioning reviews of Panthera, Age of Rivals and probably Codex of Victory ASAP :)

Very cool! Looking forward to those reviews for sure.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”