admin
Site Admin

Review: Rusted Warfare

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

It seems like only yesterday that I was hunched over my cantankerous old PC, bleary eyed as the Global Defence Initiative battled the Brotherhood of Nod.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-rusted-warfare/

Snotty128

Re: Review: Rusted Warfare

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 pm

I know you guys have got a review backlog, I didn't realise is was so bad that you were only just getting to review games from 2012 ;)

Lanster27

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:24 am

As much as I love RTS, I just cannot bear myself to play it on mobile. Inaccurate controls in real time is just painful. Turn based strategy is really where it's at.

EICJoe

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:43 am

Snotty128 wrote:I know you guys have got a review backlog, I didn't realise is was so bad that you were only just getting to review games from 2012 ;)

Hah, it's funny because this game has legitimately only just released on Steam, which is how this assignment started. We spotted it when doing the rounds for Strategy Gamer, and it was mentioned there was an Android version but no other info, so I had Matt take a look at it.

Few days later he emails me saying "er... this game came out in 2012?"

I had to double check everything to make sure I wasn't going insane, but yeah, turns out that for whatever reason the developer decided to launch the game on Steam like five years later, but the Android version WAS from 2012.

I decided to go ahead anyway because 1/ It's a strategy game, 2/ It was either before Pocket Tactics' launch in 2012, or more likely Owen was more focused on iOS at the time, so it didn't get a review first time around 3/ Being Android-only mean't I could show our non-iOS readers some love, which I've been wanting to do :)

Still makes me chuckle though!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

lukeh

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Hey, Thank you for reviewing my game!

While the game did first come out in 2012 it was nothing like it is now (I don't think it even had multiplayer) and I've been updating it all the time over the years (with new maps, units, features, crazy optimizations, game modes) but that normally doesn't generate any press attention so thank you again.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”