admin
Site Admin

Club Soccer Director 2018: An Interview with Jim Scott

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Being a Free-to-Play title, Club Soccer Director 2018 isn't really within our remit to review. Still, our sports management guy Mark was eager to find out more about the game,...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/club-soccer-director-2018-an-interview-with-jim-scott/

J2D

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 pm

I am a little confused about the new direction of this site. It sounded like the plan was to stop covering free games overall and also stick to very specific genres, especially given the one post a day problem. Here we have an interview about a free game. Meanwhile, adventure RPGs and the like are no longer covered.

No disrespect at all intended for the writer, Mr. Scott, or the game itself. The content is fine, just doesn't fit into what I thought was the new PT.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 pm

J2D wrote:I am a little confused about the new direction of this site. It sounded like the plan was to stop covering free games overall and also stick to very specific genres, especially given the one post a day problem. Here we have an interview about a free game. Meanwhile, adventure RPGs and the like are no longer covered.

No disrespect at all intended for the writer, Mr. Scott, or the game itself. The content is fine, just doesn't fit into what I thought was the new PT.

Hey J2D - it's not a problem.

My thinking was that, while this was a F2P game, it was also:

* A sports management game (which are still covered and have proven to be of interest).

* A dev interview (which people asked for more of).

We're not going to review it, since its free-to-play, but Jim Scott has a 15 year career of both game development and managing a non-league team, which he's putting to use for his new game.

I figured it might be interesting to hear what he had to say.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”