admin
Site Admin

Review: Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pm

We obviously didn’t have our eyes peeled when Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! was initially released on mobile back in August 2017.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-holy-potatoes-a-weapon-shop/

z3alfish

Re: Review: Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I bought this a couple of days ago on your 5-star recommendation. It has a cute theme, but i don't see how it merits 5 stars!

EICJoe

Re: Review: Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:50 pm

z3alfish wrote:I bought this a couple of days ago on your 5-star recommendation. It has a cute theme, but i don't see how it merits 5 stars!

I can get Matt to come talk to you a bit more about why he was so taken with it, if you want?

Sometimes though there's just no accounting for taste! :P
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mattski

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Z3ALFISH, sorry to hear that the game wasn???t really to your tastes. When I first started playing I didn???t expect to be that impressed. However, Holy Potatoes! really hooked me. Even after writing the review it is a game that I still return to - I???m still desperate to win some of those end of year awards.

I think that as a business management sim it strikes just the right balance between approachability and complexity, with the smart presentation and humour being the icing on the cake.

Star ratings are always a contentious issue and I did swing between a four or five star verdict. However, at the end of the day, I think that the hours I spent playing and developing my business were deserving of the extra star.

Like Joe says, there is no accounting for taste ??? some folk even prefer French fries over chunky chips.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”