Have your say in the 15th IMG Awards - Public Vote now open19 Feb 2019 2
It’s a bit of a slow week for us at the moment, but fear not, we’ve got reviews coming tomorrow and Thursday to tide you over before another Weekender update. In the meantime, I thought we could go for something a little different today.
IMGA have announced the nominees for their 15th International Mobile Game Awards, and for the month the public is being given a say via the Public Choice Award.
There’s a total of 153 nominees available, and you can only vote for one game out of the bunch – voting will end on the 14th March. There's a lot of names to sift through, but here are few PT favourites that you could vote for if you wanted to:
- Alphabear 2, English word puzzle, Spry Fox LLC, United States
- Alto’s Odyssey, Team Alto, United Kingdom
- Donut County, Ben Esposito, United States
- ELOH, jcstranger / Salon Alpin / Broken Rules, Austria
- Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Ironhide Game Studio, Uruguay
- One More Button, Tommy Søreide Kjær, Norway
- Rebel Inc., Ndemic Creations, United Kingdom
- Reigns: Game of Thrones, DevolverDigital, United States
- The Room: Old Sins, Fireproof Games, United Kingdom
Please do check the full list if you can find the time though – there’s plenty of other games there (including Fortnite & PUBG Mobile, as it happens). The main awards, like the Grand Prix, will be decided by a panel of experts.
Along with these ‘Global’ awards, the IMGA runs regional awards in China, the MENA area and South-East Asia. If you’re interested you can look up past winners (which include games like Monument Valley and Tokaido) here.
All of the winners of this year’s awards, including Public Choice, will be announced on March 19th.