ARK: Survival Evolved will launch on iOS & Android next week07 Jun 2018 0
Announcing hot on the heels of Battle Royale heavyweights Fortnite & PUBG, the makes of ARK: Survival Evolved also revealed that their dino-themed survival game would be coming to mobile devices.
As the poster-child for the PC survival-game genre as well as Steam Early Access in general, ARK's blend of gritty survivalism and, well, Dinosaurs, has pushed it head and shoulders above other similar projects, many of which are still floundering in Early Access (we’re looking at you, DayZ).
If you’ve been waiting patiently for more news on this game rejoice – the wait is over.
Auralux developers War Drum and Studio Wildcard have announced that ARK mobile will be hitting both iOS and Android next week on June 14th. It will be free-to-play, which we knew, but we’ve also now been given some details as to ‘how’ it plans to present the often-controversial business model:
A new subscription service, called Primal Pass, gives survivors access to an ad-free experience with reserved server slots, free gifts, and more. Additionally, survivors can acquire optional upgrades using Ancient Amber, a new material found throughout the island that allows players to obtain certain buffs for extended periods of time, build unique crafting structures and even resurrect your favourite pet dinosaur back from the dead!
No word yet on how much this subscription service will cost, nor how the free experience will compare, but rest assured we’ll get you more information as soon as we can.
As well as a bespoke interface to keep the game accessible, ARK mobile is touting the following features set:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Exlore, Craft and Build: Survive - using any means necessary - craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities! Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 60 other players in a large-scale, multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test your mettle against the dinos alone.
- Join a Tribe: The 'Tribe' system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and key re-spawn points.
Will you be trying ARK out on mobile when it drops next week?