New Civilization VI for iPad DLC arrives. Base game still 50% off22 Feb 2018 1
The iPad version of Civilization VI has been out for a couple months now. With the recent release of Rise and Fall for the PC version, tablet users were right to wonder which, if any, of the game’s not insignificant DLC library would cross the waters to iOS.
Want to know what we thought of Civilization VI on iPad? Read our review!
Turns out the Vikings and the Polish are the first to make landfall with the Viking Scenario Pack and the Polish Civilization Pack being sold as separate bits of DLC. Here are the full write-ups:
Viking Scenario Pack - $5
Bring Europe under your rule as the mightiest Viking lord in the most detailed scenario released yet for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. The Viking Scenario Pack also includes three new Natural Wonders and six new City-States, two of which grant new tile improvements.
Includes six new City-States:
- Auckland (Industrial): Additional production for Coastal tiles.
- Antananarivo (Cultural): Culture bonus that increases with every Great Person earned.
- Armagh (Religious): Builders can construct the Monastery improvement, which provides Faith and heals religious units.
- Granada (Militaristic): Builders can construct the Alcazar improvement, which protects military units and provides Culture.
- Muscat (Trade): Bonus Amenities in cities with a Commercial Hub.
- Palenque (Scientific): Improved City growth for cities with a Campus.
Play as a great ruler of the Dark Ages in the “Vikings, Traders, and Raiders!” Scenario:
- 100 Turn Scenario, from 787 to 1087
- Play as Harald Hardrada of Norway, King Canute of the Danes, or Olof Skotkonung of Sweden.
- Launch a naval invasion of England, conquer Paris, find Vinland with an explorer, or sail through Gibraltar and raid the Mediterranean Sea.
- Build a trade empire and profitable cities, or spread a religion and gain Faith for your people.
- Includes special art assets for leaders.
Three new Natural Wonders:
- Giant’s Causeway
Polish Civilization Pack - $5
Jadwiga rules Poland in Sid Meier's Civilization VI! Religious and expansionist, Poland can gain control of other civ's tiles when they fortify their borders, and Jadwiga makes Relics more valuable and Holy Sites more effective. A new scenario is also included: stand at the crossroads of Europe protecting the fertile Polish homelands from those who would seize it to empower themselves. Can you stand as a bulwark against this threat?
Includes the complete Polish civilization with Jadwiga, Winged Hussar unique Unit, and Sukiennice unique Building:
- Poland’s “Golden Liberty” unique ability allows them to gain territory when they build a Fort or Encampment, even allowing them to steal territory from other civs! They also convert a Military Policy slot into a Wildcard slot, giving them extra flexibility in culture.
- Jadwiga allows you to spread your religion to the nearby city when you gain another civ’s territory with Golden Liberty. Her relics provide bonus Faith, Culture, and Gold.
- The famous Winged Hussar is strong on the attack and can push back defending units.
- The Sukiennice, or Cloth Hall, gives bonus Production from foreign Trade Routes, and Gold from internal Trade Routes.
Play as a great Polish noble lord in the “Jadwiga's Legacy” Scenario:
- 60 Turn limit.
- Defend Poland, Prague, and Vienna from invaders including the Teutonic Knights and Ottoman Turks.
- Gain glory in battle and prove yourself the greatest defender of Poland.
In addition to these two packs, there’s a free ‘Multiplayer Compatibility Pack’ which simply allows you to play against other players who have purchased one or both of these DLCs.
It’s worth noting that you have to have bought the ‘Full Game’ IAP to use either of these two DLCs. If you were thinking of taking the sizeable plunge the full unlock is still 50% off at $29.99 until March 1st.
The Viking Scenario Pack and the Polish Civilization Pack are both $4.99 | £4.99 on the App Store. You can try out Civilization VI for iPad free here.