Pocket City is Out Today on iOS and Android31 Jul 2018 3
Nick’s been excited about Pocket City for ages and won’t stop bugging me about it. “Joe, when’s Pocket City out?” “Joe, do you know how awesome Pocket City is going to be?” “Joe, can you please pay me my invoice, I can’t afford food this week.” GAWD.
Well, finally I can be left in peace: we reported at the end of June that Pocket City was available to pre-order on iOS and had a release date of July 31st. Well, turns out iTunes was right; the city builder is indeed out today, and you can pick it up right now via the App Store or Google Play.
In case you haven’t heard of it before Pocket City is premium city-building game that re-imagines the classic genre with some surprise twists of its own. Here’s the feature list from the Google Play Store page:
- Build a unique city by creating zones and special buildings
- Trigger fun events like block parties, or disasters like tornadoes
- Complete quests to earn XP and money
- Unlock advanced buildings by levelling up
- Unlock new land with different terrain types
- Succeed by optimizing your cash flow, traffic, happiness, and more
- Enjoy a dynamic city with citizens, vehicles, animals and animated buildings
- Upload your city to the cloud to transfer to another device, or share with a friend
- Intuitive, touch-based city building
- Playable offline
- Play in portrait mode or landscape mode
- NO microtransactions
We’ve already got review code, so we’ll be bringing you more coverage ASAP. Nick will have some impressions for you in The Weekender on Friday, and I’ll make sure we get a full review up ASAP next week.