Ferret96

No Updates Since 8Jun2016

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am

Is everyone on vacation?

ImInnocent

Re: No Updates Since 8Jun2016

Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:01 pm

I find the site becoming less useful by the month. I miss the good old days when owen owned it. :?

biffpow

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:21 pm

I miss the good old days when owen owned it. :?
I think a lot of us feel that way. There's still some absolutely great writing on the site and good info, but it doesn't feel the same. And it certainly doesn't look the same.

Apparently, Dave posted a farewell letter over the weekend which was rapidly taken down (I did not see it). There have been no new postings since then.

If he's resigned as Editor, the lack of postings would make sense, but it does not bode well for PT. It's the typical outcome for niche sites that get acquired by a larger conglomerate with no idea of what their audience is or wants, just an eye towards making the site into something it was never meant to be. I've seen it happen so many times. I'd hoped PT would avoid it.

Ferret96

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Boo! Didn't know Dave left... That would make sense. I agree that, while there are (were?) still some really great posts, that I felt that the overall quality went down. Oddly enough, I also felt that there were less posts then before, but that may just be my imagination.

This was a daily visit for me. Sad that they felt the need to take down Dave's post.

JammaTal

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:31 pm

admitted. bad style.
but "the man called Owen" introduced bad style to PT! i still can't believe that he could do so!

so the second editor to go AWOL...

geigerm

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 am

admitted. bad style.
but "the man called Owen" introduced bad style to PT! i still can't believe that he could do so!

To be fair to Dave, he did attempt to post a farewell letter for all of us to read, and, as noted in the "PT dying" thread, he wrote all of the prospective writer applicants to fill them in on the situation. I can only assume he did the same with the actual staff, though I don't know--Kelsey seems to be the only one active on the PT forums.

Owen, by contrast, made some vague noises about remaining involved in an editorial role while also failing to mention he'd actually sold the site to Slitherine. I've got nothing against Dave and the manner in which he left; I'm still irritated with Owen's lack of transparency.

JammaTal

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:51 am

so my apologies when i did injustice to Dave Neumann.
it's good to hear that he wanted to let us know that he was leaving.
but who removed that post and why exactly?

ImInnocent

Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:23 am

so my apologies when i did injustice to Dave Neumann.
it's good to hear that he wanted to let us know that he was leaving.
but who removed that post and why exactly?
Slitherine

ImInnocent

Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:35 am

admitted. bad style.

To be fair to Dave, he did attempt to post a farewell letter for all of us to read, and, as noted in the "PT dying" thread, he wrote all of the prospective writer applicants to fill them in on the situation. I can only assume he did the same with the actual staff, though I don't know--Kelsey seems to be the only one active on the PT forums.

Owen, by contrast, made some vague noises about remaining involved in an editorial role while also failing to mention he'd actually sold the site to Slitherine. I've got nothing against Dave and the manner in which he left; I'm still irritated with Owen's lack of transparency.
He saw the opportunity for money and said "See Ya" , lol. The fact is that it seems Slitherine is starting to go back to their roots and do PC games as the focus versus IPad/Mobile games. Many projects that were on the IPAD/Mobile list have either withered and died or we get the old line no matter how long it has been "We will get to it once we are happy with the PC product and its been fully debugged" even though some of those products have been sold and in the market for 1 to 2 years. I can throw some examples, such as Heroes of Normandie for mobile was expected at the end of last year. Order of Battle: Pacific was to be out mid last year and it has fallen off the radar for its IPad release. Their was a Grisby game they were doing and its fallen off the radar. Then I can throw the big fiasco Gettysburg: The Tide Turns. lol

Lee Stone

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:09 am

What happened to the Android and iOS icons on the front page articles?
I have an Android and found it useful to filter out the articles that were iOS specific.

Return to “Feedback and Help”