GhostMonkey

Re: No Updates Since 8Jun2016

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 am

admitted. bad style.
but "the man called Owen" introduced bad style to PT! i still can't believe that he could do so!

so the second editor to go AWOL...
To be fair to Dave, he did attempt to post a farewell letter for all of us to read, and, as noted in the "PT dying" thread, he wrote all of the prospective writer applicants to fill them in on the situation. I can only assume he did the same with the actual staff, though I don't know--Kelsey seems to be the only one active on the PT forums.

Owen, by contrast, made some vague noises about remaining involved in an editorial role while also failing to mention he'd actually sold the site to Slitherine. I've got nothing against Dave and the manner in which he left; I'm still irritated with Owen's lack of transparency.
He saw the opportunity for money and said "See Ya" , lol. The fact is that it seems Slitherine is starting to go back to their roots and do PC games as the focus versus IPad/Mobile games. Many projects that were on the IPAD/Mobile list have either withered and died or we get the old line no matter how long it has been "We will get to it once we are happy with the PC product and its been fully debugged" even though some of those products have been sold and in the market for 1 to 2 years. I can throw some examples, such as Heroes of Normandie for mobile was expected at the end of last year. Order of Battle: Pacific was to be out mid last year and it has fallen off the radar for its IPad release. Their was a Grisby game they were doing and its fallen off the radar. Then I can throw the big fiasco Gettysburg: The Tide Turns. lol
Honestly, I am glad to see this site crash burn. Owen was a self-enamored prick, that could not take any comment that did not match his personal commentary on how he saw gaming. It started with Sid Meir's Starships, and only got worse every time he looked in the mirror.

Good ridance to him, I hope he took his $$$ and bought himself some humility.

Munkie

blanca12

Re: No Updates Since 8Jun2016

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:07 pm

I think a lot of us feel that way. There's still some absolutely great writing on the site and good info, but it doesn't feel the same. And it certainly doesn't look the same.

Return to “Feedback and Help”