Private Prinny

Switching between Front-Pages

Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi,
since PocketTactics, Wargamer and now Strategygamer have a different front page with different articles is there a easy way to switch between them that I missed?

Now I have either go via Forum "XXXX Front Page Discussion" or type out the other page in my browser....A switch in the top right or other corner with the 2 other Pictograms for the other Home Pages would be nice....or a Dropdown in the Menu Ribbon for "Home" which lists the tree sites.

Maybe I am to lazy or dumb but I tend to miss out on very interesting threads and articles solely because i forget to switch to other sites...
If there is already a quick and easy solution....may I ask for a quick pointer to where it is?

EICJoe

Re: Switching between Front-Pages

Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:48 am

Hey Prinny,

AFAIK there isn't a clean solution for that I'm afraid. Like you said, you have to travel via the Front Page Discussion forum for each website.

I will talk to the web dev though, see if this is something that can be looked into - from what I remember, the problem comes from being logged in. There's no universal login so if you switched sites within the forum I think it would log you out?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Private Prinny

Re: Switching between Front-Pages

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

There's no universal login so if you switched sites within the forum I think it would log you out?
Nope there isn't. And as I wanted to post this Question here I was on the StrategyGamer Part of town.....so it asked me again for registering, as well as an Popup under the create Username/PW dialogue stating that there is an unsecurred connection if I wanted to register now.

I can live with being logged out via switching homepages, but maybe I am in a minority here regarding this. But I think the switching between pages is a tad bit unconvenient as it stands - and reduces traffic between the specific sites maybe?

Return to “Feedback and Help”