doublebullout

Re: Sliding to DEFCON 1: Twilight Struggle tournament thread

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 pm

In an attempt to manually change the Round 2 matchups, I tried resetting the bracket. That generated another set of challonge notices. Sorry for the confusion.

rinelk

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:22 am

I'm out, I think. Thanks for organizing and playing!
Rinelk, you think you are out? i don't get it. it was crystal clear at subscribing that this will be a longtime engagement. why did you join then?

sorry, but thumbs down!
Yeah, um, I thought it unwise to give my reason, which had some uncertainty involved. I'm navigating sort of a challenging interpersonal situation, and I never really got that great at those.

I was thinking it was maybe weird for me to maintain a significant presence on the forums here, because I was leaving writing here to take a break and then maybe do something else. Wasn't sure that was going to work, and I like the new editor here and think he's doing a good job of moving the site in a direction which will grow its readership. So, I don't know--that's weird. I felt like I didn't really fit any more, but I didn't want to undermine it. I still have lots of positive feelings for PT and hope it does well, but I also recognize that I'm tempted to be curmudgeonly and didn't want that negativity here. And there was always a possibility that either my other options might look less appealing after a while, or I might adjust to the new PT, and I'd want to come back.

That's still possible, but I'm at least comfortable enough elsewhere that I thought it was time to explain myself. Hopefully I've done that as well as I can without violating any implicit standards or being too much of a jerk to anybody.

JammaTal

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:12 am

Hi Rinelk, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings.

but playing a tourney (not organizing it) seems a neutral engagement and won't really compromise any position, or?
the more so to continue playing a tourney right to the end..

Blackfyre

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:03 am

For further understanding check the basement....

Cgareth

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Invite sent to @Cgareth
Oh I'm sorry, I totally forgot about this. Sorry....

JaneHatke

Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:03 pm

@Cgareth, are you interested in playing? If so, please send invite.

SleepingGiant

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:54 am

I defeated the evil, capitalist ideologies of Snotty128 at the start of turn 6, on points. At the very start of the game, I think I rolled two 6's and my evil opponent rolled a 1 on initial coups, so that gave me an unfair advantage right from the start. He still played well enough that I was worried about the outcome throughout the game.

Holsten-Knight

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Bigjimou teached me some lessons, defeating me in the last turn by score. GG

At least I begin to get a feeling for the game.

Zebracadabra

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm out, I think. Thanks for organizing and playing!
Rinelk, you think you are out? i don't get it. it was crystal clear at subscribing that this will be a longtime engagement. why did you join then?

sorry, but thumbs down!
Yeah, um, I thought it unwise to give my reason, which had some uncertainty involved. I'm navigating sort of a challenging interpersonal situation, and I never really got that great at those.

I was thinking it was maybe weird for me to maintain a significant presence on the forums here, because I was leaving writing here to take a break and then maybe do something else. Wasn't sure that was going to work, and I like the new editor here and think he's doing a good job of moving the site in a direction which will grow its readership. So, I don't know--that's weird. I felt like I didn't really fit any more, but I didn't want to undermine it. I still have lots of positive feelings for PT and hope it does well, but I also recognize that I'm tempted to be curmudgeonly and didn't want that negativity here. And there was always a possibility that either my other options might look less appealing after a while, or I might adjust to the new PT, and I'd want to come back.

That's still possible, but I'm at least comfortable enough elsewhere that I thought it was time to explain myself. Hopefully I've done that as well as I can without violating any implicit standards or being too much of a jerk to anybody.
I'd go overboard forgiving anyone who wants to leave if they've not played this game before. Those of us who have not played (like me) probably expected a very different experience. That said, I'll stick it out but only because I'd rather not gum up the works.

Baelnor

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Whovian and I are still slugging it out... almost at the end of the ninth and there are less than 4 points digference

Return to “The Tourney Dome”