SleepingGiant

Re: [Turnament Thread] Lords of Waterdeep Tournament - Hot Summer 2016 Edition

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 pm

I added @Baelonor as a friend on PlayDek, which seemed to be necessary for invites the last round, so hopefully I'm set up to be invited to join the table. I've been having trouble with notifications too, especially since iOS 10.

cnahr

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 am

Woo, I actually got into the second round! Love the special third-place advancement rule. 8-)

cnahr

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 am

Paging @biffpow who hasn't moved in a few days...

SleepingGiant

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 am

I humbly announce that I won table 3 of round 2. I was well behind in the late game, but then all the stars aligned and I somehow scored a ridiculous 65 points of quest points on my final turn. It was a high scoring game all around, I think all three of us might have eclipse most if not all of the round 1 scores.

geigerm

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 am

I humbly announce that I won table 3 of round 2. I was well behind in the late game, but then all the stars aligned and I somehow scored a ridiculous 65 points of quest points on my final turn. It was a high scoring game all around, I think all three of us might have eclipse most if not all of the round 1 scores.
Great finish! That quest that let you return three of your agents and replay them was the key, I think. I apparently spent too much time spamming Baelnor with mandatories and should have tossed a couple your way. :lol: Congrats!

KYakerDude

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Reporting the results for Table 2:

KYakerDude 167
John1325 164
Blackfire1929 151

Amazingly close game. Blackfire rallied at the end but just didn't have enough blocks to complete some big quests. John was leading the last few turns and finished all his quests. I ended up winning because I had a few extra blocks which was the difference between our scores.

Great game.

john_l

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:51 am

Reporting the results for Table 2:

KYakerDude 167
John1325 164
Blackfire1929 151

Amazingly close game. Blackfire rallied at the end but just didn't have enough blocks to complete some big quests. John was leading the last few turns and finished all his quests. I ended up winning because I had a few extra blocks which was the difference between our scores.

Great game.
Very good game guys! Good luck in the final Kyaker.

Baelnor

Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:51 pm

That was a great game. I just couldn't contain myself and had to complete my quests and jump to an insanely large lead around round 6.

At the end, it was just one mandatory quest too many I think.

Great table, great game, and how huge we're those scores!!!

SleepingGiant

Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:27 am

That was a great game. I just couldn't contain myself and had to complete my quests and jump to an insanely large lead around round 6.

At the end, it was just one mandatory quest too many I think.

Great table, great game, and how huge we're those scores!!!
You were in the lead all the way, by a huge margin for most of the game, especially after round 6 or so, and I was in solid last place, so you had almost all of the mandatory quests to deal with. And geiger had played the intrigue card that required revealing secret identity but blocked any further attack cards and looked like the main challenger to your dominance.

I was totally convinced I was losing and I was just staying in it for pride and sportsmanship and possibly honorable mention until my very last turn. Then I had that quest that allowed me to reuse 3 agents, and I had the lieutenant from earlier, and I had the first agent in Waterdeep Harbor, so I ended up getting 5 moves in a row, and I had completed the plot quest that allowed me to complete other quests on the board, and I got really lucky that there was a 25 and 40 on the board that matched up with the blocks and gold I could possibly collect with those moves.

It was a rare alignment of everything coming together at the right time, rather than a well-crafted strategy on my part. I'll probably never get that lucky in another game of Waterdeep again. I feel praying at the shrine of Tymora helped me defeat two superior players.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”