SleepingGiant

Re: [Turnament Thread] Lords of Waterdeep Tournament - Hot Summer 2016 Edition

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Final round:

hardco 230 (Mirt the Moneylender)
KYakerDude 200 (Halaster Blackcloak)
SleepingGiant 126 (Khelben Arunsun, The Blackstaff)

I got out Study in the Librarium with little disruption, and was pretty much uncontested in taking The Grim Statue most of the game. It was probably the one time I considered playing the 0 point quest that gives 2 points per intrigue card played... Kyakerdude kept it close though, and if I hadn't intrigued into a Piety quest that let me grab a last 40 point quest, the game might have been closer.

Good game everyone, and thanks to Private Prinny for running the show!
2/3 of us played an outstanding game! I also played :). This game was like a F1 race where Hardco and KYakerDude were neck and neck at every turn and I got a flat tire out of the starting line. I was just trying to evenly distribute my attack cards on whomever seemed to be in the lead and pitstop for quests. Ave Hardco, Lord of Waterdeep! 230 points!

KYakerDude

Re: [Turnament Thread] Lords of Waterdeep Tournament - Hot Summer 2016 Edition

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Final round:

hardco 230 (Mirt the Moneylender)
KYakerDude 200 (Halaster Blackcloak)
SleepingGiant 126 (Khelben Arunsun, The Blackstaff)

I got out Study in the Librarium with little disruption, and was pretty much uncontested in taking The Grim Statue most of the game. It was probably the one time I considered playing the 0 point quest that gives 2 points per intrigue card played... Kyakerdude kept it close though, and if I hadn't intrigued into a Piety quest that let me grab a last 40 point quest, the game might have been closer.

Good game everyone, and thanks to Private Prinny for running the show!
2/3 of us played an outstanding game! I also played :). This game was like a F1 race where Hardco and KYakerDude were neck and neck at every turn and I got a flat tire out of the starting line. I was just trying to evenly distribute my attack cards on whomever seemed to be in the lead and pitstop for quests. Ave Hardco, Lord of Waterdeep! 230 points!
Great game. I was sure I had lost, then I thought I might win, but then, well.... It became clear hardco was going to come out on top. Sorry to say it SleepingGiant, but you didn't have much of a chance. hardco had the card that gave him extra intrigue cards and I had the extra player. I don't know all the powerful cards in the game, but those two quests really give a player a head start.

Really enjoyed this tournament. Thanks Private Prinny for setting it up!

robthomasson

hardco Wins Again !!

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:56 am

Congratulations to hardco and commiserations to KYakerDude & SleepingGiant.

With thanks of course to our inveterate organiser Private Prinny.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”