geigerm

[Tourney Thread] Ascension Dreamscape Tournament

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 am

The tournament is now live and can be found on Challonge: http://challonge.com/pt_ascension_dreamscape

We've got two pools of 6 players, which were randomly chosen as follows:

Group A
geigerm (mgeiger9 on Playdek)
halfvoid
js619
robthomasson
john1325
JHTaube

Group B
hardco
Baelnor
irishdomer08 (mhatke on Playdek)
whovian223
JaneHatke
KYakerDude

In the group stage, each player plays every other player in his/her group once. The top 4 players from each group advance to the final stage. Ties in the group stage will be broken by (1) head-to-head record, (2) overall point differential, and (3) total points, in that order.

The final stage is an 8-player bracket; matches in the final stage should be best-of-3 games.

Each game should only use the Dreamscape expansion. It doesn't matter who sends the invite for each game, as starting players are randomized. Please set the game timer to 28 days, but try to take turns regularly so that the tournament can finish in a timely manner.

Good luck, and have fun!
Last edited by geigerm on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

robthomasson

Re: [Tourney Thread] Ascension Dreamscape Tournament

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:19 am

My space has indeed been removed thanks to Strangiato.

So I am now "robthomasson" at Playdek.

@geigerm: Mike, we are at or near the start of our friendly Dreamscape game. Do you want to make it our tourney game for here? Fine by me either way .. I won't take my turn until you reply.

halfvoid

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:28 am

Woo! Sent out my 5 invites with 28 day timers.

geigerm

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:54 am

@geigerm: Mike, we are at or near the start of our friendly Dreamscape game. Do you want to make it our tourney game for here? Fine by me either way .. I won't take my turn until you reply.
Rob, let's play a new game--I got off to a pretty good start in that friendly game and would feel like I was taking advantage of that situation if we used that as our tourney game. Maybe we should finish the friendly game first to avoid confusion.

@js619: I finally accepted your outstanding invite because I figured we could use that as our tourney game.

robthomasson

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Rob, let's play a new game--I got off to a pretty good start in that friendly game and would feel like I was taking advantage of that situation if we used that as our tourney game. Maybe we should finish the friendly game first to avoid confusion.
Deal. I hadn't noticed your good start - which does not bode well for my comprehension attention ability.

But it always comes good in a tourney. Surely?

geigerm

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:03 pm

geigerm (75) over halfvoid (58)

A very good, quick game in which we split the honor pool evenly, but I was able to buy a bunch of Mechana constructs to earn 45 points for my deck. GG, and thanks for playing so quickly! I always enjoy finishing a game in one sitting.

halfvoid

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 am

GG. I think I focused too hard on getting a dreamscape engine going right off the bat and only seemed to be able to get combat cards after that.

geigerm

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:32 am

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Ascension server?

halfvoid

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Haven't been able to connect / haven't got any game notifications since we finished ours. Just shot Playdek a message on twitter, I'll update if they reply.

halfvoid

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Looks like I can log in again, and getting game notifications again. Never got a response from Playdek so I'm guessing maintenance.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”