Js619

Re: rob vs whovian223

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks for setting that up - I sent Rob an invite (minus the promo cards, Rob :) ). Kayak and I have a third game going anyway, wasn't sure if Challonge knew the best out of three.
I can't set it up to recognize best of three (as far as I know). Since you hadn't selected a winner, I just clicked the appropriate box so the bracket shows you advancing.
Thanks. Probably me not realizing there was more to do than punch in the scores.

irishdomer08

Re: [Tourney Thread] Ascension Dreamscape Tournament

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Mhatke (84) over jhtaube (61)

GG

Mhatke up 1-0

Starting game 2 now

irishdomer08

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:19 am

jhtaube (94) over mhatke (67)

All tied up 1-1. Game 3 underway and close

Js619

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 am

Myself over Rob, 99-64, although I have to admit to not feeling confident during it.... game 2 underway.

Taube

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 pm

jhtaube (94) over mhatke (67)

All tied up 1-1. Game 3 underway and close
Well played Mike! I just happened to get the "re-draw your hand dreamscape card"

robthomasson

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Myself over Rob, 99-64, although I have to admit to not feeling confident during it.... game 2 underway.
Much closer in the second game in which I squeezed out a 68-63 win. Hatches battened for game 3 ...

Js619

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Much closer in the second game in which I squeezed out a 68-63 win. Hatches battened for game 3 ...
Beat me to the post. I had awful cards in my Dreamscape - none of them worked together at all, which made initial strategy difficult. I actually expected to get blown away in that one. Knuckling down for the tiebreaker!

robthomasson

Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Lucky lucky me. I won the third game 83-92 ... courtesy of snagging Nairi on my last turn for a 10 honor gain.

My real fortune was having two Rise Of Vigil in my dreamscape at the start. js619 fought well and took them out of play once but of course they cycled back and crucially they boosted a couple of Heavy Infantry on my last turn - giving me enough Power to defeat two monsters that in turn gave me just enough Insight to acquire Nairi.

What a great set of three games. All credit to js619 ... two Rise Of Vigil at the start is really a fantastic advantage and he nearly overcame the odds.

Js619

Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Lucky lucky me. I won the third game 83-92 ... courtesy of snagging Nairi on my last turn for a 10 honor gain.

My real fortune was having two Rise Of Vigil in my dreamscape at the start. js619 fought well and took them out of play once but of course they cycled back and crucially they boosted a couple of Heavy Infantry on my last turn - giving me enough Power to defeat two monsters that in turn gave me just enough Insight to acquire Nairi.

What a great set of three games. All credit to js619 ... two Rise Of Vigil at the start is really a fantastic advantage and he nearly overcame the odds.
Haven't seen the last turn yet, but I felt that one slipping away in the second to last turn. I was hoping to be the last go but knew I was in trouble when the victory points were zero and it cycled back to Rob's turn.

Those two Rise of Vigils are a huge advantage - I'd almost make the argument that they're a little overpowered at 2 insight, but don't want to sully the compliment that Rob just paid me. :)

Great set of three, well fought and well earned. A fantastic tournament all around!

geigerm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:12 am

Great games so far, guys. We're down to our final two, robthomasson vs. JHTaube, with js619 & hardco playing for 3rd place. Best of luck!

Return to “The Tourney Dome”