robthomasson

Final : Joe vs Rob

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:07 am

First game to me 82-64.

The key moment was when I was able to defeat the monster that gives you a free card from your dreamscape and I had Nairi in there - so that was a straight 16 honor gain for that play. Other then that the game had been very tight and I knew that we were very close.

Taube

Re: Final : Joe vs Rob

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:38 pm

First game to me 82-64.

The key moment was when I was able to defeat the monster that gives you a free card from your dreamscape and I had Nairi in there - so that was a straight 16 honor gain for that play. Other then that the game had been very tight and I knew that we were very close.
Yes. A very slow burn until that point. I ended collecting 5 mechana constructs but couldn't make them pay off.

Js619

Re: [Tourney Thread] Ascension Dreamscape Tournament

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 pm

First round of the bronze match went to me, 125-99. Hardco had me worried the last turn when Rise of Vigil gave him a gazillion red and he started defeating monsters in the void. Luckily for me, the 8 monster that gives you three dreamscape cards gave him two worth 1 VP and one worth two. I think my seven Mechana constructs saved the day... round two underway!

Js619

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:59 am

I prevailed in a well fought game 2, 82-73. Not sure what pulled this one off, as I don't think I got stuff out of my dreamscape till the last turn (or at least it felt that way). Tight game and well played by Hardco.

robthomasson

Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:09 pm

First game to me 82-64.

Yes. A very slow burn until that point. I ended collecting 5 mechana constructs but couldn't make them pay off.
Phew! I got the second game 73-68.

Tense throughout as once again there was no obvious leader. Near the end I did use Cetra's Respite (?) to snag the Unbound Emissary from the center row which gave me hope - but Joe came back with some good honor gains through monster killing so nothing was certain and I was relieved when I saw that I could end the game without another turn for Joe.

A great tournament. Well, I would say that wouldn't I? But every game was good.
Commiserations to Joe who beat me handsomely in the initial round-robin stage.

I like Dreamscape more than those who commented earlier in the thread. There certainly are some some dreamscape cards that are just not worth bothering with and, for example, a double Rise Of Vigil is a gift of luck - but no more than, say, repeated rallies in Dawn of Champions.

Taube

Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:16 pm

First game to me 82-64.

Phew! I got the second game 73-68.

Tense throughout as once again there was no obvious leader. Near the end I did use Cetra's Respite (?) to snag the Unbound Emissary from the center row which gave me hope - but Joe came back with some good honor gains through monster killing so nothing was certain and I was relieved when I saw that I could end the game without another turn for Joe.

A great tournament. Well, I would say that wouldn't I? But every game was good.
Commiserations to Joe who beat me handsomely in the initial round-robin stage.

I like Dreamscape more than those who commented earlier in the thread. There certainly are some some dreamscape cards that are just not worth bothering with and, for example, a double Rise Of Vigil is a gift of luck - but no more than, say, repeated rallies in Dawn of Champions.
Congrats Rob!
You gotta try to win no matter what the game throws at you, and Rob showed me how it's done. My own plans never came to fruition in either game.
I also like the Dreamscape. It seems that you have more tools to try and thwart your opponents strategy. Deft manipulation of your Dream Deck can make just as much difference as the Center Row.
Thanks for organizing Geigerm!

geigerm

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Congrats to robthomasson, and thanks to everyone who participated! I hope to put one of these together again sooner rather than later ...

blackiyto

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:28 pm

I think I focused too hard on getting a dreamscape engine going right off the bat and only seemed to be able to get combat cards after that.
Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

Return to “The Tourney Dome”