JammaTal

Re: Brass Tournment

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Spice, what's the problem with "picking the last hat"? you don't like to play with red?
the player sequence is randomized for each game. does not matter when you pick.

you are going second in the starting round. i would be happy with it :?

*glares at cards and at player sequence*
*waiting for Snotty's opening move. will it be cotton/cotton, port/port or coal/iron?*

SpiceTheCat

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi Spice, what's the problem with "picking the last hat"? you don't like to play with red?
the player sequence is randomized for each game. does not matter when you pick.

you are going second in the starting round. i would be happy with it :?

*glares at cards and at player sequence*
*waiting for Snotty's opening move. will it be cotton/cotton, port/port or coal/iron?*
Nothing like that. I wondered why I couldn't log in, tried the password with caps and no caps, and then remembered that I had to tap on the last hat as well. :oops:

Perfectly happy with red, going second is, you know, ok I guess. ;)

Snotty will open with ...hm, the future is cloudy... coal mine in Oldham.
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

JammaTal

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:24 pm

@SpiceTheCat,
ha ha, that's a good one :P
so my confusion about your confusion has dissolved.

is "coal at Oldham" one if his favourite openings? what about "coal at Wigham"?
this game will be an interesting Brass lesson for me. i will capture the game log for after show analysis ;)

Snotty128

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 pm

Jammatal called it. I did indeed go with one of the 3 standard openings. Game on!

SpiceTheCat

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:00 am

Phew. Passed that terrifying bit of a 3-mill opening. when you have -9 income, 0 VPs and the graphs look bad, made more exciting in this game because everyone else seems to be building and flipping mills...

Snotty128

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:06 pm

I'd be pretty pleased too if I was running a cotton strategy, and 2/4 of the distant market tiles were 0.

SpiceTheCat

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 am

I'd be pretty pleased too if I was running a cotton strategy, and 2/4 of the distant market tiles were 0.
I feel your pain: I'm playing ports + shipyards in a game against randoms, and not only is the distant market not depleting but some fool is building L1 ports. He is going to lose, but it may work out for me in the rail phase, especially as the opposition has built mills over the dual mill/port spaces.

Edit: also, a cotton strategy is much more relaxing if the opposition aren't throwing up L1 and L2 mills. It had the potential to go horribly wrong. :D

SpiceTheCat

Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 am

I feel your pain: I'm playing ports + shipyards in a game against randoms, and not only is the distant market not depleting but some fool is building L1 ports. He is going to lose, but it may work out for me in the rail phase, especially as the opposition has built mills over the dual mill/port spaces.
And thus am I punished for hubris: in round 3 of the rail phase and I have seen no port cards, one shipyard card and a surfeit of cotton mill cards. Also the fool is building L2 ports in the spaces I wanted and can't use in the absence of cards. Well, plan B it is: lots of mines and railways (and fence off Birkenhead and Barrow), and hope.

JammaTal

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:01 pm

am i the only one for whom the Brass app sometimes crashes when tapping the checkmark at end of turn?
it is no deal breaker. but i must re-open the app and redo the turn. a bit annoying.
the same for anybody else?

it reminds me on what keeps happening in LoW: when touching the pawn the app crashes.
http://pockettactics.vanillaforums.com/ ... ment_74737

whovian223

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

am i the only one for whom the Brass app sometimes crashes when tapping the checkmark at end of turn?
it is no deal breaker. but i must re-open the app and redo the turn. a bit annoying.
the same for anybody else?

it reminds me on what keeps happening in LoW: when touching the pawn the app crashes.
http://pockettactics.vanillaforums.com/ ... ment_74737
I haven't had that happen, but speaking of that old LoW thread, I'm hoping there will be an update on that soon.

(getting really annoyed with it)

Return to “The Tourney Dome”