halfvoid

Re: Star Realms: The Events Awaken - Tourney Thread

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:15 am

@halfvoid how did you manage such a bad draw to leave me with 1 on your last turn? I had just a quick look at your cards left yesterday and was sure to lose. Sry for that, very good played!
Lady luck and I apparently had a falling out, the entire tournament. Certainly in every match against you. :D

Fun Fact: This is the first Pocket Tactics tournament that geigerm and I won't be playing the 3rd place match.

geigerm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Fun Fact: This is the first Pocket Tactics tournament that geigerm and I won't be playing the 3rd place match.
Yeah, we both flamed out early in the playoffs. I'm disappointed, but I'm going to blame the events.

robthomasson

Result - Rob vs Sjeng

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

Rob 2 > sjeng 1

I lost the first game but rallied to win the second - two well fought games. I was tensing for a third great struggle when the third game rather fell into my lap after a flurry of events at the start that favoured me and gifted me an early Ark. From then on I scrapped and drew and was able to build a whole heap of combat strength that gave Sjeng no chance..

Sjeng

Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 am

Yep. The first two matches turned out to be tense and fun. The third match with 2 events in the first turn unbalanced things a bit, but still a deserved victory for you. Well played. The last match I didn't know what was best to do as a response to you getting that ark and the turn after that that 7 yellow ship. I hesitated to go green so I had a change to outrun your scrapping machine(s) but I already had some other colors I invested in. So I decided to go defending with bases instead. Well, that didn't work out. Good luck further on and thanks for the games.

Holsten-Knight

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 am

Holsten > Irishdomer 2:1

All games very good and close. Especially the last one was a nailbiter. Could have ended in either direction for the last 3 turns. I had luck with my last draw. GG

So on to the final, will it be my 4th loss in a SR final in a row? I invited you rob for the first match, good luck!

robthomasson

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:11 am

Holsten > Irishdomer 2:1

All games very good and close. Especially the last one was a nailbiter. Could have ended in either direction for the last 3 turns. I had luck with my last draw. GG

So on to the final, will it be my 4th loss in a SR final in a row? I invited you rob for the first match, good luck!
I don't think that I have ever won a game against you - but this is the perfect time to start :D

irishdomer08

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:36 pm

mhatke over Jules 2-0 for third place.

GG!

Thanks for a very fun tourney! Let's do it again soon.

robthomasson

The Final So Far

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 am

I lost the first game in a gripping "edge of the cliff" denouement.

Holsten-Knight got me down to 3 authority, then I got him down to 1 authority, then he got me down to 2 and himself up to 6. On my next turn I could only get him down to 3 and then he won. Great game - except for the result!

Holsten-Knight

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am

XD

Yeah, once more a game where I was sure to lose. But a real bad draw for rob in the last turn pushed me to victory. GG

Do you want to invite me for match nr. 2? Although I see no difference who opens the game in SR, startplayer is random.

robthomasson

The Final Goes All The Way

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Once again we were both teetering on the edge of destruction as we battered at each other - I had the stronger defences and Holsten-Knight had the stronger attack. This time it came together for me and I pulled out the win to make it one all in the finals.

The last game started with two events on the first turn. We both lost five authority and drew two cards. I think it will help Holsten more ... but I would say that, wouldn't I ...

Return to “The Tourney Dome”