john_l

Re: Star Realms: The Events Awaken - Tourney Thread

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Looks like I set it to wins, sets/game, then points as the tiebreaker when the tournament was started. So I guess we should stick to that.
I vote for a playoff. If points are the tie-breaker, we should have known from the start. That way, on the winner's last turn he would go all out to collect as much authority as possible, instead of just doing enough to kill off the opponent and finish the match possibly leaving cards unplayed.

halfvoid

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 am

If no one else is opposed to doing play offs instead of the points for a tiebreaker I'm in support of that. If Private Prinny wins his last match we're going to have a 3 way tie in group B for 3rd and 4th place as well, otherwise Group B's players are already set to advance.

I'll wait until the group B matches are complete and then I'll have each player tied, play one more match against each tied player in their group and report the scores to the forum (not challonge), and I'll edit the points on Challonge so the correct people end up set to advance to the finals.

whovian223

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:19 pm

If Private Prinny wins his last match we're going to have a 3 way tie in group B for 3rd and 4th place as well, otherwise Group B's players are already set to advance.
He's been at 1 Authority for the last two turns, but I haven't had the combat to get past his bases!

I'm starting to get worried.

whovian223

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Finally was able to put Private Prinny away, 9 to -3. I was worried I'd get wiped on that last turn before I I got through his bases.

halfvoid

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Okay then. Group B is all set to advance and I'm sending Saviodo a challenge to break our tie for fourth place in Group A.

Private Prinny

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:50 am

Finally was able to put Private Prinny away, 9 to -3. I was worried I'd get wiped on that last turn before I I got through his bases.
GG!
We both had some lull in our fleets as we only farted in the general direction of the other player for several turns...that was bad for my health that one measly 1 Authority.

halfvoid

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Tiebreaker with Saviodo complete, with Halfvoid (74) and Saviodo (-29). I got a 3rd or 4th turn Command Ship that really did most of the heavy lifting in the match.

So no changes need to me made in the advancement, and I'll be hitting the go button for the finals in a few minutes.

Reminder that for matches in the finals, we'll be playing for the best out of 3, and winners of each set will be sending the challenges for the next one. Also, do not mark a winner until all 3 games are complete and all three sets are scored in challonge.

Holsten-Knight

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:48 pm

The first game between halfvoid and me saw an event frenzy. 3 events before the first move and a lot more events during the match. I still think it is a lot of luck if an event suits your situation. I had more luck this time and won our first match 45:-22.
Second match is underway.

Sjeng

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Just finished the third match with hardco, after he won the first and I the second one.
It was a tense fight with me still standing after the dust has settled. Good games Hardco!

I didn't write down the scores from the first two matches. They aren't in my matches-screen anymore. The last one I won with 3 vs -7. Ok if I write them in challonge as one game with 2-1 score?

halfvoid

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:41 am

Shouldn't matter whether the points and sets are exact or not in the finals. Just mark yourself the winner for the whole match.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”